'12 Mustang GT

CO_SVT

Established Member
Working with a local dealer and got quoted $36,166.81 out the door for a '12 GT premium with brembo option and leather interior no other options, anyone else think this is really high?

phack

Established Member
Very high. Invoice should be around $33,600 on that car. Thats what I paid before rebates for my 12 GT Premium, Brembo, and 3.73 rear option.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Yep! Go thru the USAA car buying service. I used it for my 11 in '10 and got the car at invoice or less. Right now I believe that there's a $3K discount from Ford as well, plus of course your military discount which is $500.

ViciousJay

Established Member
tell them to take a hike. Personally i would walk seeing how the '13's are due out in about 3-5 months

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
IS that with incentives? The 2013 are incoming, you should be able to get pretty close if not right at invoice plus incentives. That would put that car at invoice in the 35ish category, then add incentives.

Though if that is you OTD including taxes etc you may be in the ballpark depending on how high your tax rate is.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Last edited:

CO_SVT

Established Member
Yep! Go thru the USAA car buying service. I used it for my 11 in '10 and got the car at invoice or less. Right now I believe that there's a $3K discount from Ford as well, plus of course your military discount which is $500.

I looked at USAA and I think I may go through them. What's the $3k discount?

tell them to take a hike. Personally i would walk seeing how the '13's are due out in about 3-5 months

What I was thinking

IS that with incentives? The 2013 are incoming, you should be able to get pretty close if not right at invoice plus incentives. That would put that car at invoice in the 35ish category, then add incentives.

Though if that is you OTD including taxes etc you may be in the ballpark depending on how high your tax rate is.

That is the OTD price, but it still seems really high

That's about what I paid for my '12 'vert with Brembo, Elec. pkg, Comfort pkg $44k+ Sticker. My car had 10 miles on it. They must think it is a collector item so let it collect dust. There is a lot better deals out there. Find the car you want equipped how you want and offer invoice minus the $3000 rebate.
Heres invoice

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium Price With Options

What rebate are you referring to?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Agree with what others have said here. I wouldn't agree to more than invoice (before incentives) for any 2012 GT right now. The 2013's are already coming out and they will quickly want to dump any excess inventory.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
seems high considering my premium, brembo, HID, Shaker 1K, 3.73, with a 10yr/200k KM warranty was 41,8xx OTD and im in canada

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
That is the OTD price, but it still seems really high

It's really hard to say, because each state is different. OTD here in Colorado means taxes and dealer handling included, but does not include licensing and registration fees.

Invoice on a premium GT with brembo pacakge and nothing else is going to be around $34850. Premium invoice is 33,400 with an invoice price on the brembo upgrade being $1450ish.

Depending on what the rebates in your location are (I've seen 1500 to 300 depending) will be a factor as well.

Then you also have dealer handling in there, which of course changes dealer to dealer. But if we figure it this way

Invoice price: $34850
Less Rebates: $3000
Add tax at 6% $1911
Add DH $495

Gives a rough OTD of $34256. There's a ton of assumptions there though. Any other equipment on the car is going to add to the price. I don't know what your city's tax rate is so I figured based on the tax rate for myself at 6%. Your dealer may have higher or lower dealer handling fees.

BUt you're not extraordinarily off the mark from a deal perspective. Especially if that OTD price does include your license and registration fees.

Kind of why I don't like these "What did you pay" threads. Everyone's circumstances are different. Tax rates differ, regional offers differ etc.

If you feel the deal isn't right for you, don't make it. You can also ask to see the invoice pricing for the vehicle. Although I don't believe it should be incredibly hard to get invoice on a remaining '12, not every dealer will want to do that. They are a business and do have to make money to stay in business.

At the end of the day, it boils down to if you're comfortable with the deal.

What's the MSRP of the vehicle on the sticker?

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Paid 28,400 otd for my base gt, brembo, 3.73 12 gt. Its crazy how much more it cost for leather seats and a little tech. Get a base model with brembo's and use the money you saved on the leather seats for a Roush TVS Supercharger..

Last edited:

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
Invoice minus rebate. Accept nothing else.
Most Ford dealers will do this.
The 2013's are right around the corner...

beerformeplz

Kenne Bell Mach 1
Established Member
I paid $27,200 for a base GT auto and got a really good deal on my trade in. Dealers are definetly trying to move these.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
What rebate are you referring to?

I checked there is no $3000 rebate in Georgia. I know in PA and around our region there is a $3000 rebate or 0% for 60 mos. on 2012's. Down by you there is $1000 and 0%. If you checked the link I sent you you would see that a GT Prem with the Brembo pkg has an invoice of $33,329 and an MSRP of $36,200. You can buy that car up here for $30,XXX all day long or $33,XXX and get the 0%.

2012 Ford Mustang | View Current Incentives & Offers | Ford.com

Last edited:

Wiremap

Established Member
Have you checked thru AFEES, I got a $1500.00 rebate military discount. They can actually search for the car with the options you want.

Users who are viewing this thread