12 inch rear brakes anyone

stangsteve1993

Established Member
Just wanted to share the rear brakes I just buil;t for our 87 coupe. These are protype rough brackets, but anyone can build them using basic tools. I only had access to a hand held grinder, and a drill, but if someone had access to real nice tools, they could build these and make them all perdy. I used latemodel corvette rotors, and redrilled them to work for ford 5 lug bolt pattern. Baer, ssbc etc doent tell most folks they use vette rotors in there kits. Best part is you can still use your larger brake pads, instead of the 94 cobra stuff, with skinny brake pads, and these are vented as well. I used 1/2inch plate steel to make the brakets, and basicly just copied the patern off the original bracket. they extend the calipers just enough to clear the rotors, and you can still use your existing e brake cables. Those are ranger axles also, so it would be a lil more involved to use your stock axles. Anyway, heres my $75 12inch brake job. now its time for the cosmetic work. this car is using 1995 cobra r wheels, thats why the fox length axles are being used. Im gonna copy this stuff, for when I convert my 93 to 5 lug so I can run some 10inch bogarts and 28x10.50 slicks so I dont rub the fenders.

Man I wish I had a waterjet:coolman:

mvc001fup8.jpg

mvc002fgo0.jpg

mvc003fso3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread