'12 GT500s $4200 off

ChrisMustang

Established Member
I got a suprise supply of 2 new 2012 GT500s. I will sell them for $900 over invoice.

2012 Race Red with white performance pack stripe, electronics package, SVT performance package, recaro seats and car cover.

MSRP $57800, my price $53,534.

2012 Black with Satin Black stripes, just car cover.

MSRP $49,980 my price $46,734

Let me know if you are interested.

Chris Corkill
847-415-0602
[email protected]

ChrisMustang

Established Member
Pictures of the cars.
gt500bb_01.jpg

gt500bb_02.jpg

gt500bb_03.jpg

gt500bb_04.jpg

gt500bb_05.jpg

12gt500rr_01.jpg

12gt500rr_02.jpg

12gt500rr_03.jpg

12gt500rr_04.jpg

SVTinMO

Established Member
"Number games." I wasn't playing a game my friend. I was dead serious. I could drive my Raptor to you, give you my Raptor and $5k cash, and drive the Shelby back to St. Louis.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I don't see a used Raptor getting a trade in value of 41K plus. I wish it worked that way.

It would be more than that. The $46k price is + TTL. Most likely going to be 50k OTD. That would mean that his truck would need to get around $45,000 on trade.

OP, those are very good offers on 12' models.

SVTinMO

Established Member
I don't see a used Raptor getting a trade in value of 41K plus. I wish it worked that way.

Who said anything about $41k? Maybe he'd be willing to come off his price some more? Bottom line is I offered what I'd be willing to give. He obviously didn't like the deal, or I'd be driving a new Shelby. :)

SVTinMO

Established Member
It would be more than that. The $46k price is + TTL. Most likely going to be 50k OTD. That would mean that his truck would need to get around $45,000 on trade.

OP, those are very good offers on 12' models.

I never understand wy people always bring TTL into the picture? TTL has nothing to do with the deal as far as I'm concerned. I don't pay it to the dealer, so why even talk to the dealer about it? At least that's how it works in MO where I live.

ChrisMustang

Established Member
TTL always has to be taken into account in IL. Even though taxes and plates are not paid to me it is all money coming out of a customers pocket and I have to collect the taxes for the state.

And in IL amount of trade is deducted from the taxable amount so your taxes are effected by value of trade.

Unfortunatly I can't give that much money for the used Raptor.

I am offering these at this discount to save the hassle of negotiating, my price listed above is the final price.

cotchnobra

Established Member
From what I understood taxes don't come into play until you register the vehicle. so if you bought the vehicle in state A but live in state B you would bring the vehicle back to state B and pay the taxes in your state of residence when you register the vehicle at the DMV and not in the state it was purchased. please enlighten me cause I would like to know for future reference this stuff can get tricky to understand.

ChrisMustang

Established Member
From what I understood taxes don't come into play until you register the vehicle. so if you bought the vehicle in state A but live in state B you would bring the vehicle back to state B and pay the taxes in your state of residence when you register the vehicle at the DMV and not in the state it was purchased. please enlighten me cause I would like to know for future reference this stuff can get tricky to understand.

Private party sales you are 100% correct. Taxes are based on where you are registering a vehicle correct.

Non-private party it is tricky and depends on the state you are purchasing from. IL has arrangments with about half the states to collect taxes on behalf.

So majority of the time I would collect taxes for an out of state purchase, and the amount would be based on that persons county.

cotchnobra

Established Member
Private party sales you are 100% correct. Taxes are based on where you are registering a vehicle correct.

Non-private party it is tricky and depends on the state you are purchasing from. IL has arrangments with about half the states to collect taxes on behalf.

So majority of the time I would collect taxes for an out of state purchase, and the amount would be based on that persons county.

Thanks for the info I can only imagine that is a pain to make sure everything is all straight. It sounds like there is not a standard process for it from state to state. Wish I had the cash for one of those GT 500's though.

jcobra

Established Member
Are those at victor ford. The super snake looks like it's inside the quick lube building but the other cars look like another dealership.

ChrisMustang

Established Member
They are not here. I was told by another dealer to sell their cars. Keen eye there, but nothing fishy going on here, just don't have them physically here.

SVTinMO

Established Member
TTL always has to be taken into account in IL. Even though taxes and plates are not paid to me it is all money coming out of a customers pocket and I have to collect the taxes for the state.

And in IL amount of trade is deducted from the taxable amount so your taxes are effected by value of trade.

Unfortunatly I can't give that much money for the used Raptor.

I am offering these at this discount to save the hassle of negotiating, my price listed above is the final price.

Yeah, no biggie. I didn't think you'd go for it anyway. :)

But, if you did, you would NOT collect any taxes from me. I don't pay IL tax. I pay MO tax upon registering, and I only pay on the differernce in price from the Raptor and the Stang.

Users who are viewing this thread