12.5:1 the good & the bad!

bunits19714

Established Member
Wanting to forge the short block on my 14' coyote- Am currently na now with full bolt-on and converter. Planning on adding a 250+ N2O shot - weather it be a progressive fogger or 2 stage plate/fogger. Was thinking of going to a 12.5 compression piston. Anyone out there running that much compression. I know there is a lot of 11.5:1 pistons out there. Does the increased dome height case any inherit valve clearance issues? Running the right fuel isn't a issue/concern because I don't have a issue with running good fuel. car only sees about 2k miles a year. Was also thinking about upgrading to larger cams/valve springs while the motor was out and was getting opg's & balancer. Goal is to run high 10's on the motor and mid 9's on the juice. Eventually going to a single turbo a few years down the road as the budget allows. So any insight /thoughts on the 12.5:1 compression? thanks in advance.

Redline8k

Established Member
I say build the car for the N20 and for the future turbo otherwise you are just going to redo everything for that build. a built motor and single turbo will net you your goals and then some. instead of increasing the compression do some head work for more flow. just me 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread