• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

12 & 13 Boss owners, still smitten?

Discussion in '2012-2013 Boss 302 Mustang' started by HI RPM, Nov 16, 2018.

1. HI RPM

HI RPM Member Established Member

Nice looking rides!

2. el jefe 302

el jefe 302 Making all kinds of gainz Established Member

Very nice! I still love my car! Ordered some bronze apex wheels to put my continental slicks on.

3. HI RPM

How many more days until spring?? The Boss wants to run.

xtank13 and DAVESVT2000 like this.
  4. HI RPM

I was finally able to land a few days off of work along with some good weather.
    I'm having a ball getting used to the Boss. This car handles so well and is so much fun and engaging to drive.
    Driving with the windows down, listening to the open side exhaust as I rev thru 7,000 rpm, is just great!
    And incredibly addicting.

5. buddies07

buddies07 New Member

Original owner of 2013 race red. Only one word to describe the BOSS. Addicting. I will never give it up.

6. AltheaTheBoss

AltheaTheBoss Active Member Established Member

Im almost 2 years into my Boss. I use the car for everything, drag racing, killing corners on the street, taking my 3 year old to car shows, and I love every second I’m piloting this thing. I’ve owned dozens of car, the boss is the first one I can say I truly love....

7. GHIG302

GHIG302 New Member

I still like my '13 GHIG302. I hate the shifter/transmission, but like most everything else. I just dropped my front splitter today, bummin a bit. Been a good car, uses NO oil but I did do a good break in period with it.

8. HI RPM

Gonna go for a rip later today. This car has proven to be super fun and responsive.

I am learning to "trust" the stock shifter more. I find the transmission/shifter combo works far better the less you man handle/force it. I have not had any recent lock outs, but and I am mostly shifting under 7000 rpm.

Upon purchase, I had every intention of swapping out the mufflers for GT500 units, but am finding that I am quite content w/the stock set up with the restrictor plates removed.

I am still running the factory settings of 2 and 2 on the suspension settings. Every time I think I want to try it at 4 or 5, I run it over some bad section of road, and rethink my decision. HA! I do like the way this car handles.

Yep, this BOSS is proving to be a real fun car.

9. noco5.0

noco5.0 Active Member Established Member

Just picked up my 2013 Boss 302 yesterday. I had a long drive home and went out again this morning. This thing is a blast to drive. I currently also own an M6 Hellcat which I think I'm going to sell. I could keep both, but the Boss is so fun to drive I'm going to spend my time and money on it for now.

10. HI RPM

That's quite an endorsement! HA!

I came from a 2015 Challenger SRT392. I had the A8. It was a great car in its own right. Very different from the BOSS.

To be honest, I would like to drive a new Widebody Scat Pac car. I hear good things about them, and with 305's all around and suspension tweeks, they should have improved handling.
    I will have to see what 2020 brings. Meanwhile this BOSS still makes me smile.

DAVESVT2000 likes this.
  11. B7BlownSnake

B7BlownSnake Active Member Established Member

You have to swap the shifter and clutch. "Trusting" the stock stuff is no fun! I had an MGW shifter and Exedy Mach 500 clutch/flywheel in mine. Those mods made the car so much more enjoyable. They were amazing shifting at 8200!

12. Sabi

Sabi New Member

very true! I started "trusting" the stock stuff and it ended up with a blown MT-82 LOL
    just placed an order in Exedy Match 500 and got a new transmission :'( not fun lol

13. boduke0220

boduke0220 Well-Known Member Established Member

I have had mine since November and it is a blast. Did a track day with it and it was a ton of fun, carving up backroads is a blast too. this winter its getting a whipple and E85 setup.

Sabi likes this.
  14. Need 04 Wine

Need 04 Wine Well-Known Member Established Member Established Member

Really hoping some people start moving these with all the drool worthy new cars on market.

Like a roadrunner with some naga saki noise makers hanging off it.

Sent from my POFS iPhone in a rage cause this is the third try.