12 & 13 Boss owners, still smitten?

HI RPM

Established Member
I was finally able to land a few days off of work along with some good weather.
I'm having a ball getting used to the Boss. This car handles so well and is so much fun and engaging to drive.
Driving with the windows down, listening to the open side exhaust as I rev thru 7,000 rpm, is just great!
And incredibly addicting.

GHIG302

I still like my '13 GHIG302. I hate the shifter/transmission, but like most everything else. I just dropped my front splitter today, bummin a bit. Been a good car, uses NO oil but I did do a good break in period with it.

HI RPM

Established Member
Gonna go for a rip later today. This car has proven to be super fun and responsive.

I am learning to "trust" the stock shifter more. I find the transmission/shifter combo works far better the less you man handle/force it. I have not had any recent lock outs, but and I am mostly shifting under 7000 rpm.

Upon purchase, I had every intention of swapping out the mufflers for GT500 units, but am finding that I am quite content w/the stock set up with the restrictor plates removed.

I am still running the factory settings of 2 and 2 on the suspension settings. Every time I think I want to try it at 4 or 5, I run it over some bad section of road, and rethink my decision. HA! I do like the way this car handles.

Yep, this BOSS is proving to be a real fun car.

noco5.0

Established Member
Just picked up my 2013 Boss 302 yesterday. I had a long drive home and went out again this morning. This thing is a blast to drive. I currently also own an M6 Hellcat which I think I'm going to sell. I could keep both, but the Boss is so fun to drive I'm going to spend my time and money on it for now.

HI RPM

Established Member
That's quite an endorsement! HA!

I came from a 2015 Challenger SRT392. I had the A8. It was a great car in its own right. Very different from the BOSS.

To be honest, I would like to drive a new Widebody Scat Pac car. I hear good things about them, and with 305's all around and suspension tweeks, they should have improved handling.
I will have to see what 2020 brings. Meanwhile this BOSS still makes me smile.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I am learning to "trust" the stock shifter more. I find the transmission/shifter combo works far better the less you man handle/force it. I have not had any recent lock outs, but and I am mostly shifting under 7000 rpm.

You have to swap the shifter and clutch. "Trusting" the stock stuff is no fun! I had an MGW shifter and Exedy Mach 500 clutch/flywheel in mine. Those mods made the car so much more enjoyable. They were amazing shifting at 8200!

Sabi

You have to swap the shifter and clutch. "Trusting" the stock stuff is no fun! I had an MGW shifter and Exedy Mach 500 clutch/flywheel in mine. Those mods made the car so much more enjoyable. They were amazing shifting at 8200!

very true! I started "trusting" the stock stuff and it ended up with a blown MT-82 LOL
just placed an order in Exedy Match 500 and got a new transmission :'( not fun lol

boduke0220

Established Member
I have had mine since November and it is a blast. Did a track day with it and it was a ton of fun, carving up backroads is a blast too. this winter its getting a whipple and E85 setup.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Really hoping some people start moving these with all the drool worthy new cars on market.

Like a roadrunner with some naga saki noise makers hanging off it.

Sent from my POFS iPhone in a rage cause this is the third try.

HI RPM

Established Member
The seasons are changing fast here in the North East. Won't be long before the BOSS is put away for its winter hibernation.

My BOSS is not a daily driver, but I did manage to put 6,000+ miles of fun twisty roads under it.
Other than #4 spark plug crapping out, I have had no issues. Have not done any track days or auto-x yet, but maybe next year. She has proven to be plenty fast, great handling and a ton of fun, even in her bone stock form.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't looked at other performance cars since getting her, thou.
There are some great deals on new (but soon to be leftover) 2019 Shelby GT350's.
The 2019 PP2 Mustangs have definitely caught my attention. I still lust for a Widebody Challenger. (if only dodge would bring out a 426)

But for the time being, this rough and rowdy BOSS continues to make me smile, if not laugh out loud!
The BOSS's are special cars for sure.

RoadRunner&Terminator

Established Member
Still love my boss after 4 years but not for the shitty transmission that ford put in it.

ive yet to drive a gt350 or s550 but I have a feeling that if I ever got behind the wheel of a pp2, I’d likely trade in the boss

my favourite thing abou the car is the way the quad exhaust sounds ... especially after some looks long tubes and Borla cat backs

2KR207

Established Member
Still lovin’ my ‘13 GB 302 after 6 years of ownership! The radio gets no use cause the sound of the exhaust minus restrictor plates and Roush axle-backs is so addicting! Now just need to get that MGW race spec shifter on the workbench installed!

noco5.0

Established Member
Took my Boss to the road course for the first time and it was great. Factory brakes suck which I need to upgrade but the car definitely handled well. With the Whipple the power was great also. Life without a Hellcat didn't last long for me though. After selling mine I bought a different one a year later. Enjoying both now and plan on keeping them for quite awhile.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
When you go to the Michelins with wider and lighter rims, an Exedy PP and clutch, lightweight flywheel, BMR bars, ARH long tubes with 13 GT500 mufflers, a CJ manifold, TB, a tune, and a CF driveshaft, you will be amazed at what an already fun car this thing can turn into. Mid 11's @121+ in the 1/4 and handles like its on rails....and 8200 rpms no problem. Dump the shitty Pirellis first. My next upgrade will be 4.10's.

HI RPM

Established Member
Well gentlemen, I am sad to say that I have committed some terrible sins.
A few months back I sold my beloved BOSS.

I got a little scared at work with this whole Covid thing. I missed the first round of layoffs.
Then the used car market went nuts, and I let her go for what I thought was more than a fair offer.
Shortly after, things at work stabilized. I missed having a fun car. Then I committed the second sin.
I got caught up in this whole light weight/nimble handling thing. I ended up purchasing a new 2020 MX-5 ragtop.
Decent deal (not great) but grabbed 0% financing for 63 months. Sounded good at the time.

Anyhow, here I am, with head hung low. This MX-5 is fun in its own way, but its not anywhere near as exciting to drive as the BOSS. Its just not the car for me. Its going to be going down the road this spring. I am sure I will take a bath financially, when I sell or trade it.
Oh well, live and learn.

I have already started looking for another BOSS.

Users who are viewing this thread