11's on the first pass, gotta love this car

F8L SNK

Established Member
I am new to the 03 Cobra racing world, but not new to racing. I just wanted to express my amazement with these cars. They are sleds and they still can run the numbers!

Well, I went to the track this past weekend, and on the first pass I ran an 11.87 @121, second pass I ran an 11.70 @ 122. Both were with 1.92 & 1.91 60 fts. with the stock F1's! I had hoped to be able to get to an 11 the first trip, but not expect it the first pass.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience so far!

Tim

F8L SNK

Established Member
Thanks,

Mods, most of the bolt ons.

JDM Kooks Full Lengths
JDM Off Road H Pipe
JDM Magnaflow Cat back
JDM 2.8 Pulley
JDM Superchips Chip
JDM CAI
JDM AccuFab T/B & Plenum
Suspension
MM Coil Over Kit, 4 Corner
MM Urethane IRS Bushings
Griggs Tubular Front Suspension

I slipped the clutch out at about 2000 RPM, shifter @ 6500 RPM, only 1 pass did I get wheel hop in 2nd, but VERY little.
I also got wheel hop on 1 launch, I got a little aggressive on engaging the clutch all the way, again VERY little hop.

Tim

Hardtop

Established Member
Awsome times on F1's. Great driving.:burnout: Now put some tires on that thing and run low 11's.:beer:

Bruce

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Cool, me and raptorman02 have run 11.8's and 11.7's respectively with the same type of mods except for the headers and the TB. Also we don't have any supension work.

GREAT TIMES F8L SNK

F8L SNK

Established Member
I plan on improving on the times, but I was very pleased with the first time to the track! Ambient temp as about 78 degrees, and humidity was high, but not sure what.

raptorman02

Established Member
Those are awesome, Rice and I were in Drag Radials. You certainly are an experiences racer to get 60's like that with F1's. Good work and lets see some low 11's and 10's next time mister.JK

raptorman02

Established Member
Geez also I am sorry for that semi incoherent message last time. I was in a hurry I promise.

trey193

Established Member
Awesome times for sure!! Are U running any idlers to eliminate belt slip at all, are U getting belt slip with the 2.8, also are U happy with the Accufab, seems like U have a strong car for sure!

F8L SNK

Established Member
I do have the Metco Idler, and still have a little belt slip. It peaks about 14lbs and drop to 12-13 at higher RPM. I know part of that is normal, but I always have belt dust in the usual places.

Thanks,

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread