118.7 mph in the 12's...is that right?

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
stangman701 said:
I see a couple things wrong here. First off it looks like you are trapping fairly low for the hp in your sig. If you're truely making 500+ to the wheels in a cobra you should be trapping at the very least 120 mph. Seems to me that your clutch might be slipping a little in the upper rpms. With the mph and 60' times you have you should still be in the 11's though I would think. The clutch was slipping in my car at the track and my mph and times were way down, only trapping a best of 117 on a ported eaton when I went 119 before the port. Haven't been able to get back to the track after the clutch swap yet, but it feels a lot stronger up top with the clutch not slipping. Just throwing that out there cause I really don't see any other reason for you not to be in the 11's with that mph and 60'.

Well I guess that a ported blower, 2.8 pulley, Fluidyne exc., FLP Res, Predator tune, pro-chamber, flowmaster exhaust, 315 DR's, DFX Clutch w/ less than 2k on it, MGW shifter & 12'' cai wasnt enough... Well based on what Ive seen other people run w/ about the same level of mods and HP as me, they are running times more accurate and trap speeds are about the same as well. I have no reason to pretend those #'s and that clutch couldnt be it. I just installed it a few months ago along with a resurfaced flywheel:shrug: Thanks for the input though! Plus youre in PA...Isnt some of the fastest tracks located in that region? Maybe I should come out there and run!:)

Im located just outside of Milwaukee.

Here is a break down of my entire run...
RT...it sucked .749
1/8...8.006
MPH...95.09
1/4...12.200
MPH...118.77

Maybe some one can come up with something. Oh well, its almost time to put her up for the winter, Im not too worried about it...I will definitely be in the mid to loww 11's in the spring! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
BrewSnake said:
Well I couldnt get it to hook for crap and my best 60ft. was 1.7 on 315 dr's. The et was a 12.200 and I feel that after looking around here I should def be in the 11's...Whats the deal? Im in WI so Im not at a high elevation and all the runs were on BP 93, no ice in the res, and full weight (spare and amp for subs were still in the car along with my 240lb frame.) Im making 502rwhp and 490 rwtq...Any input would be greatly appreciated!

If you are not running Mickey Thompsons, you should be.

stangman701

Rowing gears
Established Member
BrewSnake said:
Well I guess that a ported blower, 2.8 pulley, Fluidyne exc., FLP Res, Predator tune, pro-chamber, flowmaster exhaust, 315 DR's, DFX Clutch w/ less than 2k on it, MGW shifter & 12'' cai wasnt enough... Well based on what Ive seen other people run w/ about the same level of mods and HP as me, they are running times more accurate and trap speeds are about the same as well. I have no reason to pretend those #'s and that clutch couldnt be it. I just installed it a few months ago along with a resurfaced flywheel:shrug: Thanks for the input though! Plus youre in PA...Isnt some of the fastest tracks located in that region? Maybe I should come out there and run!:)

Im located just outside of Milwaukee.

Here is a break down of my entire run...
RT...it sucked .749
1/8...8.006
MPH...95.09
1/4...12.200
MPH...118.77

Maybe some one can come up with something. Oh well, its almost time to put her up for the winter, Im not too worried about it...I will definitely be in the mid to loww 11's in the spring! :thumbsup:

Well hopefully it isn't the clutch then since it's fairly new. Could be belt slip I suppose. Sonething is definitely making you lose hp if you're only trapping 118 and you've dyno'd 500+ before. Like stated above, 95 isn't too bad in the 1/8th, that should be good for 120-121 in the quarter on a clean pass I would think. Maybe the timing gear at your track is just off, who knows. Either way, good luck next season :beer:

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
Big Ben said:
If you are not running Mickey Thompsons, you should be.

Im running BFG's...Are M/T's supposed to be better???

Belt Slip?... There is no glazing or visible wear on it, and the tension on it feels firm. Ill look into it some more.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
i'd say its the clutch. my clutch was slipping when i was trapping 118. i ran against a supercharged 05 gt, he had the light, and finished before me.....but i was pulling on him 2nd....3rd....then i hit forth and he pulls on me with less power? slipping clutch for me atleast...

MikeW

Established Member
BrewSnake said:
Im running BFG's...Are M/T's supposed to be better???

Belt Slip?... There is no glazing or visible wear on it, and the tension on it feels firm. Ill look into it some more.

I had the MT Dr's when i had 17 inch wheels. THe 315/30/18 BFG DR hooks better for me even though it has less sidewall. The MT's are really soft but the BFG's are almost as soft.... softer than the Nittos IMO.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
97topless snake said:
I had the MT Dr's when i had 17 inch wheels. THe 315/30/18 BFG DR hooks better for me even though it has less sidewall. The MT's are really soft but the BFG's are almost as soft.... softer than the Nittos IMO.

BFG is a much better drag radial than a nitto 555..

MikeW

Established Member
I agree :beer: I was trying to say that for me the 315 BFG was better than the MT 275/17.

I wish MT made a 315 DR I'd get them for track duty.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I have never tried BFG's but I love the Mickeys, they hook almost double the Nittos. I am launching at 2k with 380rwhp and 491 tq on 3150 pounds and dead hooking. Only reason I havent bettered a 1.8 60ft is cause I have no left harder.

EVERYONE I know loves the Mickeys over any other DR.

Belt slip or clutch slip theory makes sense but if it was your clutch I think you could see it in your RPM's. It happened to me and a Mc Cloud Twin Disc fixed that real good.

(I know I am talking Terminator as a 93 owner but my previous car was an 04 Cobra).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread