118.7 mph in the 12's...is that right?

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
Well I couldnt get it to hook for crap and my best 60ft. was 1.7 on 315 dr's. The et was a 12.200 and I feel that after looking around here I should def be in the 11's...Whats the deal? Im in WI so Im not at a high elevation and all the runs were on BP 93, no ice in the res, and full weight (spare and amp for subs were still in the car along with my 240lb frame.) Im making 502rwhp and 490 rwtq...Any input would be greatly appreciated!

MikeW

Established Member
I feel your pain.. My vert ran 12.0x @ 118.xx I ahve traped 119 before. It could be the conditions of the weather when you ran. I corrected my time and it was an 11.8 (best I remember).

Link "how to correct your time slip"

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_179265/tm.htm

Convert it and see what you come up with.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
heh look like me at the track as well...same times same traps....we need driving lessons...118 is good for mid 11s with a good 60

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
I run 11.7s @118 all the time so you can do it if you just get some traction...

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
Double"O" said:
118 is good for mid 11s with a good 60

Thats what I was thinking as well. Im only launching at no higher than 2500rpm's (Im too paranoid about busting up my IRS) and granny shifting. Ive "raced" suposed 11 sec cars on some back roads and ran them down and beat them consistently so that is like rubbing salt in their wounds when they find out I have yet to crack an 11 at the track...:shrug: My corrected time was an 11.7 at about the same mph.

MikeW

Established Member
<< Same launch technique here... I dont have upgraded halfs so I take it easy at the track for now....

Sure wuld be nice to have that 11.xx slip though :mad:

shoaf85

Established Member
It seems to me that your 1.77 60' should be plenty good enough to get you in the 11's w/ your power. I just ran my cobra in the for the first time ever at an 1/8th mile track last week and ran a [email protected] 1/8 with a 1.803 60' . Maybe try shifting a little quicker or something!

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
shoaf85 said:
It seems to me that your 1.77 60' should be plenty good enough to get you in the 11's w/ your power. I just ran my cobra in the for the first time ever at an 1/8th mile track last week and ran a [email protected] 1/8 with a 1.803 60' . Maybe try shifting a little quicker or something!

Well Im pretty sure Im shifting on point and at a quick enough pace that any thing quicker would be power shifting it which I dont want to do yet. To put it in perspective, at the track...3-4 people come to me to drive their stick car so they can get a better e.t. out of it. Im being as aggressive as I can w/o busting anything up in the process. Known Input shaft and IRS issues keep me a bit on the conservative side.:kaboom:

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
PSI87 said:
I was jk pal.

I knew you were thats why I made the the pair of wheels comment.:p
But it does suck when you dont perform to your expectations, oh well, you win some, you lose some I guess.:shrug:

s_x_i

Established Member
Man, I feel your pain. My first time at the track ever, I ran a 13.2 @ 118, the fastest I could muster was a 12.7 My buddy, who I can pull a little on the street ran an 11.7.

There is no substitute for practice!

479/550

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
BrewSnake said:
Well I couldnt get it to hook for crap and my best 60ft. was 1.7 on 315 dr's. The et was a 12.200 and I feel that after looking around here I should def be in the 11's...Whats the deal? Im in WI so Im not at a high elevation and all the runs were on BP 93, no ice in the res, and full weight (spare and amp for subs were still in the car along with my 240lb frame.) Im making 502rwhp and 490 rwtq...Any input would be greatly appreciated!

what were you trapping??

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
My cousins 03 mach 1 had 470rwhp and trapped 121 on street tires only running a best 12.4. Since then he got his motor built to handle more boost but the upgraded fuel system still didnt support it over 470hp, so it was de tuned to 460rwhp safely. Last week he put some mt's on and the rear broke at the launch. But I see fox bodies running 11's at as low as 111-113 sometimes :shrug: I guess they are just crazy fast off the line then have nothing up top.

Fast04SVT

BrewSnake said:

1.7 isn't an awful 60ft time at all.. just gotta get a lil better traction...where r u located at?

stangman701

Rowing gears
Established Member
BrewSnake said:

I see a couple things wrong here. First off it looks like you are trapping fairly low for the hp in your sig. If you're truely making 500+ to the wheels in a cobra you should be trapping at the very least 120 mph. Seems to me that your clutch might be slipping a little in the upper rpms. With the mph and 60' times you have you should still be in the 11's though I would think. The clutch was slipping in my car at the track and my mph and times were way down, only trapping a best of 117 on a ported eaton when I went 119 before the port. Haven't been able to get back to the track after the clutch swap yet, but it feels a lot stronger up top with the clutch not slipping. Just throwing that out there cause I really don't see any other reason for you not to be in the 11's with that mph and 60'.

Users who are viewing this thread