..:: 1104rwhp on E-85, though an Auto ::..

TheSVTKid

Established Member
We have been creeping up on the power level on this car, as the motor gets more and more break in miles on it. However I thought this was just amazing that the car could make this number on just boost alone (It will be sprayed with a NANO system at a later date)

This car is owned by the owner of the company "NANO" (Nano Nitrous Home) And will be used not only for the fun of having a high HP cobra, but also as a rolling demo, as to how awesome this car will be once it starts getting the N20 Sprayed. With the consistancy of the NANO system, its gonna be amazing how much the spool time and the HP numbers of this car are going to improve, even on a small shot (75hp). For those that haven't ever checked out their system, trust me its WELL worth looking into. And I am not even a "N2o guy"

So anyways,

Details on the Car
2003 Cobra (Still has IRS, and has gone easy 9's with the old whipple setup)
Converted to Twin Garret 67mm Ball bearing turbos.
HP Kit with Modded down pipes by V&P Racing, and Oil Return system by HOB.
Built 4.6L, Ported heads, and Comp Cams
Aeromotive "Stealth" Eliminator Fuel System (More on this later)
160lb injectors
Sullivan Intake
Big Stuff 3 (Tuned by HOB)
E-85 Pump gas
Idles like a kitten at 900rpm, daily driven, still has ice cold AC (your grandma could drive it)

So here are the results of this car so far though the Automatic, with NO spray.

517rwhp on 8psi
814rwhp on 20psi
972rwhp on 22psi <-- Added 500rpm to dyno pulls
1072rwhp on 24psi
1104rwhp on 26psi

We will be starting next week over again, this time adding a 75shot of NANO on top of each of those boost levels, to see what kinda power she makes. :) I can't wait. Other things that might get added after that are a vacuum pump, and possibly some cams that work better in a more streetable RPM range. Also have V&P racing do their magic on set of 3" magnaflow mufflers.

Kinda scary that the HP, and TQ are still climbing strong at 7,400rpm. I wonder where she would have stopped making power. However the valve train isn't up to the task of going any faster then about 7,500rpm so no need to push it.

hu53qo.jpg

* The odd dip was due to tire spin

OK, so I said "more about this later" to the Aeromotive Eliminator set up. Basically when we started this project the car had the fuel system from the old Whipple set up on it. It was an A1000 with a "pick up tube" going into the tank, #8 feed to the pump, #8 feed to the rails, and #6 return. We knew when we swapped this car to E85 that the fuel load was going to go up drastically, and wondered how far the A1000 was going to hold on. Well we were blown away when it was supporting the 814rwhp pulls with ease, and lots of street abuse. This is WAY WAY WAY over the HP level I would have ever expected that pump to support based on math, and the rating of the pump. So we called it good with that, then decided to move to the Eliminator Pump and see what it could support on E85.

Well, with 1104rwhp she STILL hasn't even hinted at a drop in Fuel Pressure!!!
My jaw about hit the floor, and I was blown away again at what the little pump was doing.
Sadly at that power level we are hitting 99% duty cycle on the injectors :(

So we decided to have the fuel pump flow tested anyways, just to see what she was really flowing. So after running the pump on the flow bench at 66psi and 13.5volts(the pressure this car makes when in boost) the pump was flowing right at 3 gallons a min! So without a douby even based on math, the pump was keeping up with the fuel usage of this motor. To bad we are out of injector, or it would be nice to see if 1,200rwhp on boost only would be possible out of this combo on the E85. However we won't be able to see how far we can push it on boost alone until we get a set of 212lb injectors.

For now like I said, we will turn the car back down, and add the 75hp shot of NANO, and work our way back up in the power, and probably keep it around 1,000hp to the tire, and let the NANO help the spool time of the turbos, and give us just even that much more "intercooling" from the N20 spray.

Thanks for reading, I know it was long, but its interesting to push E85 this far.
Erik

blk00gtvert

Established Member
FINALLY i found somone that has the same combo as me... I have been beating my head into the wall trying to figure out how the lag is going to behave. i must first say to you :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

now that i have a new urge to run out in the garage and build my car some more...lol..

can i ask what AR the exhaust side of the garretts are?

and also what auto were you using ??

TheSVTKid

Established Member
FINALLY i found somone that has the same combo as me... I have been beating my head into the wall trying to figure out how the lag is going to behave. i must first say to you :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

now that i have a new urge to run out in the garage and build my car some more...lol..

can i ask what AR the exhaust side of the garretts are?

and also what auto were you using ??

70 I believe I will have to double check.

LenTech

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Which comp cams do you have? I have the EX274 Blower cams in my car and your graph looks a lot like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread