'11 GT w/ Brembo package: 275 tires?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Just want to hear from people running 275s on their Brembo package wheels to make sure there's no issues or ill results.

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
Ran about 8000 miles with 275 on the front and 285 on the rear on my 2011 Brembo car before I sold it. I still see the gal that bought it run around on the same tires so I'm assuming all is well.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I'm running a 275 with zero problems on a 8.5 inch GT/CS wheel btw. You have .5 inch wider rim so your fine.

noldevin

Established Member
You won't have any problems, but you won't really get much more grip than a 255 and your handling will feel a little more sloppy due to extra sidewall flex.

TJ Whelan

Established Member
I use a 275 Conti DW out back on my stock Brembo wheel no problem. 285 will give you some extra bulge, but as stated it has been done.

I kept the 255 up front just because I didn't like the fat tire look up front, and it's mostly a drag car.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I run a 275 MPSS tire and had zero issue on the factory wheel. Handling hasn't change and traction is better than stock, but, still not great.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
275/40 Michelin Pilot supersports on brembo wheels with no issues, even with eibach sportline springs. Traction is tons better than the factory 255 p zeros

Kiohtee

Established Member
Where are you guys buying your tires from? Any tips on negotiating the price?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Which specific tire are you wanting to use?

I'm still undecided honestly. I'm not one to drop $1,000+ on tires though. My car is rarely driven and is a light bolt-on car. I don't need or want the stickiest and best of the best. :beer:

TJ Whelan

Established Member
I'm still undecided honestly. I'm not one to drop $1,000+ on tires though. My car is rarely driven and is a light bolt-on car. I don't need or want the stickiest and best of the best. :beer:

For my DW's I paid around $950 with rebates and all that nonsense.

The 19's are the culprit, because the selection for whatever reason just costs an arm and a leg. I figured $240 a tire wasn't too bad.

The Hankook is also another tire you may want to look at for great pricing.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I'm looking to get the 275-35 Hankook R-S3's on all 4 corners using a 9.5" wheel with 40offset. Hoping it all works out!!

I'm running a 255-40 & 285-35 now....just don't like the front tire being taller than the rear, looks goofy to me.

Epic510

Established Member
I'm looking to get the 275-35 Hankook R-S3's on all 4 corners using a 9.5" wheel with 40offset. Hoping it all works out!!

I'm running a 255-40 & 285-35 now....just don't like the front tire being taller than the rear, looks goofy to me.

I just bought 20x10.5 et45 and Nitto 555r 305/35r20. Rear
20x9 et38 and Nitto 555g2 275/35r20. Front

I thought I did plenty of research and felt confident I had picked the right options for a nice flush fit. I think I'll be okay with an adjustable panhard bar in the rear. Looks like it's gonna poke just very small bit.

The fronts I'm a little more worried about. The tire is definitely sticking past the fender. A bit too much for me to be comfortable with. Some may like that but not me. Other than a camber kit or buying another set of tires I think I'm screwed. I don't know if a camber adjustment will even make the needed adjustment without giving up driveability and/or extreme tire wear.

My guess is with a 275 9.5 et 40 square setup it's gonna look like one of those CanAm racers from the 70's. I could be 100% wrong. Remember though that I'm the guy who dropped the ball on his own setup. :xpl: My advice would be to research a ton and find people who have the EXACT same setup as you want and speak with them personally. If that's not possible, Have a trustworthy professional with Mustang experience make the call.

Epic510

Established Member
I just bought 20x10.5 et45 and Nitto 555r 305/35r20. Rear
20x9 et38 and Nitto 555g2 275/35r20. Front

I thought I did plenty of research and felt confident I had picked the right options for a nice flush fit. I think I'll be okay with an adjustable panhard bar in the rear. Looks like it's gonna poke just very small bit.

The fronts I'm a little more worried about. The tire is definitely sticking past the fender. A bit too much for me to be comfortable with. Some may like that but not me. Other than a camber kit or buying another set of tires I think I'm screwed. I don't know if a camber adjustment will even make the needed adjustment without giving up driveability and/or extreme tire wear.

My guess is with a 275 9.5 et 40 square setup it's gonna look like one of those CanAm racers from the 70's. I could be 100% wrong. Remember though that I'm the guy who dropped the ball on his own setup. :xpl: My advice would be to research a ton and find people who have the EXACT same setup as you want and speak with them personally. If that's not possible, Have a trustworthy professional with Mustang experience make the call.
Pay no attention to my response. After reading the post again I misunderstood. I'm running after market wheels so my experience doesn't apply.

On on another note. I went to see my car today ( winter storage) so I could cry some more about blowin 3k on a tire and wheel package that doesn't fit. Oddly the suspension seems to have settled and the front tires tucked in flush with the fender. So it appears I may be alright. I hope. I hope. I hope....

J_Roc

Established Member
Running 275/40 MPSS on all 4 corners on the stock Brembo wheels with a 1.9" drop. Traction is great and handling is fantastic. Might have marginally more tramlining, but I prefer this setup to the stock Pirellis.

evanjp

Established Member
I'm on my second set of 275-40s on the brembo wheels. Sumitomo htrz3 tires. Cheap, but they are good enough. I'm not trying to drop a grand or more on tires. These are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread