11 GT 500 stage 3 cams and head drivable without tune ???

stangaddict09

Established Member
Quick question..... 2011 GT 500 on Ebay Rebuilt title car has 900 miles and he installed mmr 1500 hp kit and also did the stage 3 heads and cams.... Car was never tuned??? is this car safe to drive this way? I spoke with him on this matter and he said he believes it rich upon start up but is ok to drive. His reserve was $35,000 and has been met with a day and a half to go. I was surprised it made it this high being wrecked before and the one previously rebuilt title 2011 GT 500 listed in our market sold for $31,500. and was only vandalized. The Ebay listing is 400683329860 If anybody would like to read the mods and tell me if its safe to drive with out a tune. Thanks for any knowledge on this matter

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It has the stock supercharger and pulley. Drivability probably sucks with the cams without a tune, but with less than 9 psi of boost, I don't think it will hurt anything. Not sure what CAI is on the car, but I'm assuming it's a stock replacement.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
It looks like it's got an aftermarket intake from the pics. I can't imagine it runs real good at all with a different MAF housing, stage 3 cams and no tune. What was the root of the salvage title? As long as nobody went out and flogged on it, it's probably ok but I'd never buy a salvage title car sight unseen. I'd definitely consider one, but I'd have to go over it pretty extensively before pulling the trigger.

stangaddict09

Established Member
It looks like it's got an aftermarket intake from the pics. I can't imagine it runs real good at all with a different MAF housing, stage 3 cams and no tune. What was the root of the salvage title? As long as nobody went out and flogged on it, it's probably ok but I'd never buy a salvage title car sight unseen. I'd definitely consider one, but I'd have to go over it pretty extensively before pulling the trigger.

Front end collision, airbag deployed. He sold the car to a lawyer who put 100 miles on it, and then he bought it back for $5,000 more according to him. $35,000. since he knew what was in it he says.

Users who are viewing this thread