• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

11" clutch upgrade install

Discussion in 'SN95 Cobras' started by thndr8, Dec 16, 2004.

1. thndr8

thndr8 Member Established Member

I'm looking at the 11" upgrade clutch p/n # FMM 7060-C46 for a 98 Cobra. Any impressions on this set-up. I've heard that I need different flywheel bolts and if so, any part numbers? The pics show the throw-out bearing but doesn't list it. Does everything else fit like the factory like the starter, etc? This is for a daily driver, occasionally drag strip and some light autocrossing all on street tires. It's my only car, so once it goes up on stands, I'm screwed if something doesn't work. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start.

2. OCSnk

OCSnk NowIESnk Established Member

1996-98 Cobra 11" Clutch and Flywheel kit
    Item #M7060C46

Kit includes production 99-01 Cobra flywheel, 11" clutch/pressure plate assembly and attaching bolts/dowell pins to replace the 10.5" clutch assembly in 1996-98 Cobras. As well as being the most comprehensive clutch kit available, it increases clutch capacity by 10%.

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=1775

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  3. 03DOHC

03DOHC Moderator Established Member

That's the kit I put in my '97 Cobra but I got it from D&D Performance.

4. COBRASVT

COBRASVT Active Member Established Member

I want one! Xmas anyone? :D

5. thndr8

thndr8 Member Established Member

I found it for $240 from DPM in MI. How do you like it? Is it pretty straight-forward as for clutch installs? Can the flywheel bolts be reused or are the 99+ different? Just want everything there for when I start.

6. Interspy24

Interspy24 New Member Established Member

I have it on a mostly stock cobra and like it. Very easy to daily drive and dare I say it feels lighter than the stock clutch. If you're planning on visiting the strip much more or spraying, I'd recommend looking into something a bit stronger.

You will need a new starter. I got one from a 99 and everything works perfectly now.

7. rtusnake

rtusnake Active Member Established Member

i put an 03 cobra flywheel in my car and its an 11inch setup. everything is straight forward except you do need the pressure plate bolts, sorry don't remember the part number. the flywheel bolts are the same and you can reuse your starter.

interspy24 why did you have to get a new starter? i know a few people who have done this swap and just reused their old one including me

8. GNGREN

GNGREN Member Established Member

I have that kit on my 97. It comes with everything you need to install it. And I don't know why you would need a new starter I haven't had any problems with mine fitting it is original and has never been replaced. The first disk that came with the kit self destructed with only about 80 miles on it in stop and go traffic. Put in a different brand disk and it has been fine every since. And I would agree with interspy24 about if you plan on racing at all to get something different, this kit doesn't like to keep smoking the tires when shifting into 2nd. And I had no problem doing that with the clutch that I replaced with the kit.