11.63 @ 117.84....Bolt-ons, N/A

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Got a new best.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jshqmWbKtoo"]YouTube - MODULAR SPEED.wmv[/nomedia]

98 Cobra with 2003 Mach 1 engine. 96 Cobra Intake Cams.

Mid Length headers, 3" Exhaust, 4.56, Ported Stock Runner Length Intake.

Shortrunner coming this week.

01-06-11BMP.jpg

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Wow! This makes me happy as I'm putting in the same engine combo in mine.

Did you do any significant weight reduction?

What's your suspension/tire setup?

You only ported the feeder holes in the manifold? Spacer? Tune?

Job well done.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Billet Specialties, 15x3.5" Fronts
Billet Specialties, 15x8" Rears

Mickey Thompson Drag Radials, 275/50/15

^ That's what is impressive to me, doin it on Drag Radials!

Car has full suspension, Manual Steering. Rear Seat delete, and a few other things swapped/removed to save weight.

Still has nice seats in it, heat, stereo system etc.

The intake, I cut open....fully ported, reshaped etc etc...

Shortunner intake will be on, and tuned this weekend. Hoping for 10RWHP gain at peak, and 30+rwhp gains at 6900 RPM. Also hoping that can get me into the 120mph zone.

If you guys have any other questions, let me know!!!

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Thats flying! What does the car weigh?

Thanks! Weight is somewhere around 3100-3200 with me and a half tank.

Of course it's tuned.

na svt is correct. Kesatie MotorSports in Sarasota, FL tuned it. Matt is an awesome tuner.

Watch out 11.40s, here you come!

lol...hopefully I get some good weather!

Your intake should make this sum beech pull like never before on the back end! Can't wait to test it.:beer::beer:

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Good job :beer: I've thought of going the 96-98 cam route myself, looks like some nice gains to be had for such a low cost. Are you going to continue to run on DR's?

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Good job :beer: I've thought of going the 96-98 cam route myself, looks like some nice gains to be had for such a low cost. Are you going to continue to run on DR's?

Thanks!

Do you have 99/01 cams? If so, you wont see any gains going to the 96-98. Only 4 degrees difference.

I might throw some slicks on....dunno yet. Still rocking the 10 spline input shaft. I am coming out pretty soft on the DR's, but the car is flying.

As far as the cams, I gained 20 rwhp with them. Just threw them in, bam...20 rwhp immediately even before the tune.

Throwing on a PSR this weekend. I think I can get into the 120mph trap range with it..

goat-ee

Established Member
Thanks!

Do you have 99/01 cams? If so, you wont see any gains going to the 96-98. Only 4 degrees difference.

I might throw some slicks on....dunno yet. Still rocking the 10 spline input shaft. I am coming out pretty soft on the DR's, but the car is flying.

As far as the cams, I gained 20 rwhp with them. Just threw them in, bam...20 rwhp immediately even before the tune.

Throwing on a PSR this weekend. I think I can get into the 120mph trap range with it..

1st off, amazing job!! 20rwhp?!?!?! I saw on another thread, the same jacka$$ as always swearing that the 96-98 cams weren't worth squat in a Mach engine, and talking down na svt for saying otherwise!! Maybe he should stick with 5.4 swaps!!!
smiley-kick.gif

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Thanks!

Yea, the stock 99/01 cams....guess I'll wait for customs when I rebuild. You'll love the PSR, I gain around 26mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4....if your gains are similar you should see 120 no problem.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Tubular Front
Coilovers-175lb springs
Bilstein Struts (2003 Cobra takeoffs)

Coilover Rear
Lakewood 50/50 (probably blown...old as dirt)

All solid ends/bushings....adjustable uppers, solid aluminum lowers.

Kenny Brown Matrix.

Car could be killer on a road course with sway bars.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
1st off, amazing job!! 20rwhp?!?!?! I saw on another thread, the same jacka$$ as always swearing that the 96-98 cams weren't worth squat in a Mach engine, and talking down na svt for saying otherwise!! Maybe he should stick with 5.4 swaps!!!
smiley-kick.gif

Your intake is at the welder's with Kelly's.

Kelly's car definately runs good. Wish I could say the same for mine. lol.
Ya, an 11.79 on a stock engine really sucks. :bash: So when does

"Project Cheap 5.4"
begin?

Last edited:

mystical

Established Member
Very impressive times:rockon:

What trans are you running? What are you launching and shifting at?

Users who are viewing this thread