'11 3.7 Mustang 423rwhp ProCharged

XrunnIT

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB7aqjThB5o&"]YouTube - ProCharged 2011 V6 Mustang[/nomedia]

What is with the 8% correction factor?? did they dyno at the top of the Alps? Seems a bit exaggerated.

Pre 'correction' it only pulled 396rwhp, and only 319ft-lbs.

$26.6k for v6 Prem + $5500 procharger to still be slower then a stock 5.0L which you can get for $33.6k. I would think its smarter to spend the extra $1500 and just get the V8. It will be more reliable then the boosted v6, keep factory warranties, not to mention, you won't be capped at 400-450rwhp (would be hesitant on the life of a v6 motor running 450rwhp).

I guess if you have the money and want to be the fastest v6, go nuts... i think its more economical to get the 5.0L rather then dumping thousands of dollars into a v6 just to match the stock performance of the available 5.0L

Here is an overlay of a stock 5.0L, and the dyno of that procharged v6 (even using the 8% correction factor).

Blue - Stock 5.0L
Red - Procharged v6 Mustang

2011-50L-Stock-Dyno.png

Link to original graph to show authenticity --> 2011 Ford Mustang Gt Intake And Exhaust Installation Dyno Graph Photo 34
I removed the intake/tune and the exhaust graphs and used the stock baseline curve.

*edit* fixed spelling.

Last edited:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
v6, cheaper insurance rates, and you get a base 6 and add the blower... and beat up on a stock 5.0, not to mentions 70% of the other mustang gts around... awesome car

DonEverett

Established Member
I wonder If they will make kits for the edge sport too?? that has the same engine and could be a fun sleeper!

RectalRampage

Established Member
v6, cheaper insurance rates, and you get a base 6 and add the blower... and beat up on a stock 5.0, not to mentions 70% of the other mustang gts around... awesome car

Cheaper insurance rates bro?

Your throwing down 6 grand + on a blower kit to bolt onto your V6; how are you going to bitch about the $12.50 a month difference in insurance costs (I priced it out with my insurance company) between a V8 and a V6... Are you seriously that strapped slinging that kind of upgrade coinage around?

IMO that's a pretty lame ass argument if your ultimately looking to drop more loot on the V6 car then the GT would have cost; I see these V6 guys using it everywhere.

At 8 PSI according to the graph this kid mocked up above, your not even beating a stock GT unless your racing from a high rev roll.

Your spending more money then a stock GT for less performance, less power potential, less reliability, less respect, & no warranty.

But hey as long as your saving that 12 bucks a month your good to go right?

Last edited:

cababah

Established Member
Cheaper insurance rates bro?

Your throwing down 6 grand + on a blower kit to bolt onto your V6; how are you going to bitch about the $12.50 a month difference in insurance costs (I priced it out with my insurance company) between a V8 and a V6... Are you seriously that strapped slinging that kind of upgrade coinage around?

IMO that's a pretty lame ass argument if your ultimately looking to drop more loot on the V6 car then the GT would have cost; I see these V6 guys using it everywhere.

At 8 PSI according to the graph this kid mocked up above, your not even beating a stock GT unless your racing from a high rev roll.

Your spending more money then a stock GT for less performance, less power potential, less reliability, less respect, & no warranty.

But hey as long as your saving that 12 bucks a month your good to go right?

+1

come at him, bro

and at the end of the day it still sounds like a V6 which always sounds out of place in a mustang IMO

Users who are viewing this thread