11’-12’ GT500 TRADE for M7 1LT C7 Vette?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
EDIT...sort of, ha: I just looked at your sig and noticed that is your Corvette. No disrespect was intended. I thought you were going to trade in a GT500. It's a good looking Vette.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
so OP- are YOU the one looking to trade your vette for a gt500? i think i read your post wrong. if i was you then i would trade that vette for the right gt500 (no disrespect to your vette, of course...i personally would rather have the gt500). the salvage title is apparently something that we all picked up on - are you able to address that with potential traders?

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
EDIT...sort of, ha: I just looked at your sig and noticed that is your Corvette. No disrespect was intended. I thought you were going to trade in a GT500. It's a good looking Vette.

None taken my man! These are all opinions after all.
People add emotional value to depreciating assets all the time. That’s car enthusiast culture in general.

Picked up the C7 (completely stock) a year ago with 2,800 miles for $33,5xx AFTER taxes and registration.

Vehicle had a mild impact in the front driver side (detailed photos) before it was fully repaired.

I’ve been around the salvage business since I was a young teenager. For those who have no idea what they’re looking at (internet knowledge) when they see a crashed vehicle, I would agree with them to stay away, but if you’re experienced in the field it’s a place where you can save huge $$.

A gentleman introduced me to the idea on a forum on FB a few weeks back (his 12’ GT500 had 40k+ Miles) and I just couldn’t do it.
Just wanted to pick the brains of the SVT community.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
so OP- are YOU the one looking to trade your vette for a gt500? i think i read your post wrong. if i was you then i would trade that vette for the right gt500 (no disrespect to your vette, of course...i personally would rather have the gt500). the salvage title is apparently something that we all picked up on - are you able to address that with potential traders?

For the right GT500, absolutely.
No one is able to tell the vehicle was ever in an accident unless they see the title. It was very well repaired.

Otherwise I wouldn’t have jumped all over it the moment I had it on a lift and inspected it. ;)

The GT500 fits me and they’re cake to work on and rather simple vehicles. Sure the C7 blows the average stock 11’-12’ out of the water in terms of performance.
But the bolt on potential of the GT500 really attracts me.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
You bought it a year ago and already tired of it, is the vette your DD?
Maybe save up for a DD and get a weekend/friday warrior later on.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
You bought it a year ago and already tired of it, is the vette your DD?
Maybe save up for a DD and get a weekend/friday warrior later on.

Right now it’s my daily and it has been for almost a year!

It’s why I bought an 18’ SuperCrew Raptor.
Delivery date on it isn’t for another 8 weeks though..

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Would I? Nope. But there may be plenty of other GT500 owners who would.

CV355

_
Established Member
Man that is a gorgeous C7....

I wouldn't trade a GT500 for it, personally, unless the value was comparable (mileage vs salvage degradation). No offense at all.

Why get rid of it though?

Never_Enough

Established Member
None taken my man! These are all opinions after all.
People add emotional value to depreciating assets all the time. That’s car enthusiast culture in general.

Picked up the C7 (completely stock) a year ago with 2,800 miles for $33,5xx AFTER taxes and registration.

Vehicle had a mild impact in the front driver side (detailed photos) before it was fully repaired.

I’ve been around the salvage business since I was a young teenager. For those who have no idea what they’re looking at (internet knowledge) when they see a crashed vehicle, I would agree with them to stay away, but if you’re experienced in the field it’s a place where you can save huge $$.

A gentleman introduced me to the idea on a forum on FB a few weeks back (his 12’ GT500 had 40k+ Miles) and I just couldn’t do it.
Just wanted to pick the brains of the SVT community.
Lots of banks will not finance salvage.

I would rather have a C7 so I say no to trade for GT500.

blk02edge

Established Member
If I was trading a gt500 for a salvage vette, nope, (clean title yes) however if I had your salvage vette with the knowledge that it was mechanically sound and a great car, I would never trade it for the gt500. If that makes any sense outside my head.. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread