10th Anniversary Door Inserts & Seats on a DSG 'vert?

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
Has anyone ever put the red 10th Anniversary door inserts and seat covers in a DSG before? I think the red would look pretty badass in my DSG 'vert. Not really sure if it's frowned upon using 10th Ann. parts on non-10th Ann. Cobras or not? If I wouldn't have already had my valve covers powdercoated Ford Racing Blue wrinkle, I would have had them done in red instead, but that blue looks too damn good ;-).

mhinchley

Established Member
It's your car. Why would you care if it were frowned upon and by who? I put them in my car along with the floor mats and trunk svt emblem, though it is torch red. Do what YOU want to do.

Because the outside of seats is gray, they would look good. Maybe add the rear 10th emblem, side & front cobra emblems with the red in them, to tie it all together.

Last edited:

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
It's your car. Why would you care if it were frowned upon and by who? I put them in my car along with the floor mats and trunk svt emblem, though it is torch red. Do what YOU want to do.

Because the outside of seats is gray, they would look good. Maybe add the rear 10th emblem, side & front cobra emblems with the red in them, to tie it all together.
I dunno about adding the 10th Ann. badging, but thought the red panels and seat inserts would look good. I guess "technically" my '03 Cobra "is" a 10th Anniversary of the Mustang Cobra, but thought it would be a little weird rebadging it as a different series of the Cobra than it really is. I went ahead and ordered the door panels from NOS Warehouse; said they had 1 ea. in stock for each panel, we'll see if that's true once I get a shipment e-mail. I was going to get them from CJ Pony Parts but they only had the passenger side and coupe driver's side in stock, no vert driver's side. Being these cars are getting older and factory parts are hard to come by, I had a feeling they might not be getting any in stock for a while. I'll do the seats later, from TMI or somewhere, since my factory grey alcantara are still in decent shape.

Users who are viewing this thread