10th Ann. wheels on a 93 Cobra

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Well, I thought I’d share my final installment of trying out OEM wheels on my 93, and these are by far my favorite. I bought a set of used 03 10th Anniversary wheels (17x9, 26mm (1.02”) offset, and 6.12” backspacing with 275-40 tires) to use as track wheels. The wheels came with Goodyear tires so I get to have some fun burning them up before I decide what track tires I want to run.

The rears fit perfect and I had no rubbing on the street, but I’m still going to roll the rear fenders a little to avoid the same issue as when I put on the 95R wheels (see link below). The fronts fit but I had MAJOR rubbing when turning at +¾ lock and when hitting small bumps both at low speeds, and this is with near factory/stock alignment settings. I had to set my camber to full negative (-2.5* to -3*) then I had no rubbing at all, which is how the front will be set at the track anyway. I’m thinking of raising the front about a ½” by installing spring spacers, or by buying all new springs. Then if I still have rubbing I’ll likely roll the front fenders since I want to run an 8.5-9” wheel on the street also. I have not put the car on jacks yet to see how close the wheels come to the control arms and my brake ducts at full lock but I think they are clear.

I’ll replace this pic in a few weeks, with a clearer pic, once I get my camera out of repairs; I had to use an ancient camera to get this one. FYI, here are links to when I test fitted some other wheels, 95R's, and 00R's.

TENTH_ANN_WHEELS.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
:rockon:
Looks killer--now just add the '03 drivetrain. :poke:
Thats a future project I'd like to try if I have the cash and find a wrecked/stolen '93.
Maybe try a 255/40 tire on the front and buy steering rack limiters--thats what I did to my '91 with '95 Rs and Baers. Only minor rub at full lock, so I avoid that if I can.
-J

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Funny part about this post is that I put a set of 10th anniversary wheels on my 93R at a track event about a month ago just because we had them laying around. At the event and after I was amazed at how many people commented on how good they looked on the car.

dsc_0137.jpg

Last edited:

CO9B3RA

Established Member
10th Anni wheels

I could just vision a set of this wheels on my Teal 93 as a second set to the
oe turbines. It really sets the 93 apart, however the mere thought of rolling
wheel well edges run contra to the history and my future plans for my Cobra.
Is there a repro wheel with a 1" less dia---AND 4 studs? Suppose not.....
:coolman:

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
I like :rockon:

I wonder how FR500 wheels would look, I really like them in the Black with polished lip.

Users who are viewing this thread