10's !!!!!!!!

bbeers

Made one pass today with the new KB on. Shifted around 5800 due to proper tune not being done yet (a/f issues)

1.77 60' time (shitty)
1/8th 103.86 mph
1/4 ET: 10.90
1/4 129.85 mph

Oh, by the way, had to double clutch 3rd gear. 3rd gear is a bitch.

Got booted permanently from the track (no cage yet)

I think this car has 10.50's in it at 135 mph on a perfect run.

Britt

Hell ya, beat my single turbo Supra best!

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :rockon:
How many lbs of boost are you running, and did you make the pass on ET Streets or DR's ? Man thats Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbeers

21 psi w/Et Streets.

I typically will 60' in the low 1.60's so 1.77 wasn't good. My 3rd gear has always given me fits. Not sure if it is common for the 03's but mine is a pita.

I have video of the pass, I will try and get it out.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by BPU
21 psi w/Et Streets.

I typically will 60' in the low 1.60's so 1.77 wasn't good. My 3rd gear has always given me fits. Not sure if it is common for the 03's but mine is a pita.

I have video of the pass, I will try and get it out.

Hey Briit. That is a great ET. How much power did you put to the ground? I been waiting for my 21psi pulley from KB to see if I can get my car over 600rwhp. Please post that video quick.:beer:

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
I believe you are have solid axle; what is your rmp launch and how the irs will hold up with that kind of power with et streets?

stang99

OK. You have a KB and what other go fast mods? I need to go faster but I am not ready for the KB. Still, there must be some tricks that I have overlooked since I would kill for a 1.77 60' time. That would have put me very close to the 11's at Carlsbad the last time I was there. Any details about your "grip" mods that you would be willing to release?
As for the 10's, that is really impressive for a big heavy old fashion Mustang. I assume that you drove it to the track and it is a car that is street driven. Damn! 280 cubic inches sure can propel a large American car down the 1/4 in an impressive fashion. Keep up the good work since I am noticing that the Cobra is starting to get some respect at the Southern Californina drag strips. They still love Chevys, but, they are starting to accept the Cobra as a genuine domestic player.

Originally posted by BPU
Made one pass today with the new KB on. Shifted around 5800 due to proper tune not being done yet (a/f issues)

1.77 60' time (shitty)
1/8th 103.86 mph
1/4 ET: 10.90
1/4 129.85 mph

Oh, by the way, had to double clutch 3rd gear. 3rd gear is a bitch.

Got booted permanently from the track (no cage yet)

I think this car has 10.50's in it at 135 mph on a perfect run.

Britt

Hell ya, beat my single turbo Supra best!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
:eek: daaaaaaamn :bowdown:

nice times britt!!! can't wait to see the vid. btw, do you have an aftermarket shifter in there? you can't go wrong w/ most but i like the tri-ax. just a straight push from 2nd to 3rd.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Re: Re: 10's !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Tetge
Any details about your "grip" mods that you would be willing to release?

i believe he ran that time at a track in az w/ much better prep than we're used to seeing.

Keep up the good work since I am noticing that the Cobra is starting to get some respect at the Southern Californina drag strips.

it's about damn time. :beer:

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
:eek: daaaaaaamn :bowdown:

nice times britt!!! can't wait to see the vid. btw, do you have an aftermarket shifter in there? you can't go wrong w/ most but i like the tri-ax. just a straight push from 2nd to 3rd.
\

Allan, I think you should compete for the quickest convert :D

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by RDSZ
Allan, I think you should compete for the quickest convert :D

:lol: i have the piggie vert to contend w/. their superior driving skills will keep "da powa" in check until i get the acme rocket booster and solid axle in.

onerichrunner

Banned
Great time B!

Just think what it would have run with the 25 psi :D. Now you got the gears broke in...:lol: ...we should get the tune finished. I have a couple of guys to see out there I think before FFW so do you think you can have a cage by then?

Congrats!!

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread