1070 Plymouth AAR Cuda sells for a whopping $280K at Kissimmee 2023!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was watching my Kissimmee recorded Mecum auctions and was blown away by this one. I love AAR Cudas, and this one was all original, complete with the normal patina in an unrestored 52 year old car. I figured it would sell for maybe $175K due to its originality, but man, $280K! The auction was fun to watch. I couldn't find any downloadable photos, so here's the video clip of the auction. Gorgeous AAR! Enjoy!

Recon

Established Member
That Daytona Hemi, selling for almost 1.4 million, was a good one as well. Hell, I like almost everything that roles in.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

prs97

Established Member
Between last weekend and this weekend, there is a huge rut in my couch by the TV.

Thanks Mecum

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I was watching my Kissimmee recorded Mecum auctions and was blown away by this one. I love AAR Cudas, and this one was all original, complete with the normal patina in an unrestored 52 year old car. I figured it would sell for maybe $175K due to its originality, but man, $280K! The auction was fun to watch. I couldn't find any downloadable photos, so here's the video clip of the auction. Gorgeous AAR! Enjoy!

that was cool. interesting that its mileage didn't come up - just the fact that it was an all original, one owner car. it could have had a million miles on it and it didn't seem like they would have cared!

i had a friend who once had a '70 t/a challenger in that color, but dodge called theirs panther pink.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, this was IMO one of the all-time best Mecum auctions, if not the best. The sheer volume of spectacular cars was over the top. My wife was not thrilled that I watched so many hours of auctions. LOL.

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
My brother owned three '70 Cuda's a while back (20 years ago?): A white AAR, a blue convertible with the pistol grip manual, and a plum crazy track only car.

The AAR was a pretty crazy ride... an assault on all the senses. Marvelous.

He sold all three when he moved to Commiefornia. The convertible sold for well over $100K and I don't remember what he sold the AAR or the track car for.

He was in an industrial accident in his young 20's and has been in his own version of hell ever since. IMO he can have whatever he wants. He enjoys bikes and autos and usually has something ridiculous in the garage.

JimCSHO

Established Member
A friend of mine had an AAR 'Cuda, yellow with a black vinyl top. It was a nice car, we had a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately, it got t-boned in an intersection one day.

We were driving in Grosse Pointe one time and another AAR went by in the opposite direction and came across the median to catch up to us. That owner said that he was told by the salesperson that there only 5 in the entire state so he was shocked to see one. We told him to come up to Port Huron because there were at least 15 of them on the road there on a Friday night.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Did you see the 1970 GTO Judge Ram Air IV convertible that sold for $1,000,000? That was awesome as well.

Great news I'm sure for my friend who has 69 and 70 GTO Judge convertibles. Both are Ram Air IV, and both are four speeds. Hard to see in my picture, since one of the Hemis is in the way.

80-144_zpsjtnq9mp6_d0eea355ecfc9b49c572438028a4f07184eaf03c.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Judge that sold was truly exceptional. Hence the $1,000,000 sale. The other Judges (outstanding condition and rarity) in the collection sold for less (like in the $300K-$500K range if I remember right. Still good money. That's a really nice collection your friend has.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If a mod could correct the thread title to '1970' that would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread