1000rwhp thru the stock mufflers

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
J, I am waiting to see how much the cutouts help. I may do the same thing in the future. Who installed the spray bar in the lower for you? Thanks, Ken
Hey Ken it’s an NX spray bar, and I bought the lower intake with CNC porting, a KB Bigun cooler and spray bar already done from Marc Duber (birdoc).
I have since cut/welded and increased the porting on the lower, but have never ran NOS.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Going to a 9" myself as I've also rebuilt my diff twice now. It's whining pretty bad again, and I know it's not going to last. Is the Strange 9" a truly bolt in deal?

Great runs J, I would really be tempted to move to the 3R if I were you....I think you'd pick up some very nice power over the Gen3 spinning it as hard as you are.
Strange was actually a direct bolt in. Only took about 3hrs on the lift swapping from 8.8 to 9”. Strange did a great job! A bolt in that actually did!
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh wow you still got more left in it for sure! If you think its got a 9.20's in it before spay do you think you could get an 8.99 with spray?
Definitely a low 9 will be the goal in great air at a great track (these runs were around 1000-1500’ DA which is the best it gets here in summer) but I’m honestly not looking to push a 4000# Street stick car that hard.
I’m actually looking to refine/fine tune the car as is and never will put a cage in this one.
I’ll start to focus on the revitalization of my LX Fox for track duty next year.
I may swap to a 3R or Weld/port this Gen 3 to maximize the combo, but even as is, I think hitting the NOS in 3/4 down track might really make 8.99 a reality while keeping the current street manners.
-J

KENS96M6

Established Member
Hey Ken it’s an NX spray bar, and I bought the lower intake with CNC porting, a KB Bigun cooler and spray bar already done from Marc Duber (birdoc).
I have since cut/welded and increased the porting on the lower, but have never ran NOS.
-J
Ok thanks for sharing. Just curious as I have a lot of n2o parts not being used at the moment! Call me crazy be it would be cost effective, if there is such a thing with this hobby.

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Strange was actually a direct bolt in. Only took about 3hrs on the lift swapping from 8.8 to 9”. Strange did a great job! A bolt in that actually did!
I so want to do that. What did you do for a driveshaft? Is there anyone that modifies the carbon fiber, or will build a custom carbon fiber shaft?

RBB

Established Member
I so want to do that. What did you do for a driveshaft? Is there anyone that modifies the carbon fiber, or will build a custom carbon fiber shaft?
DSS will as well, just give them a call with your measurements. They've probably made enough of them for a 9" conversion on these cars that they have the specs already.

RBB

Established Member
-J
That's awesome to hear, I was expecting some degree of fab work to make it fit. Guess I know which way I'm going.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, no complaints on Strange 9.
I used a custom PST shaft this time. CF and SFI and made in less than 3 days around $1000, great company.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread