$1000 Over Invoice (that's not all) for Powerlease Option Holders!!

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
Mach1Fun said:
... are the biggest tools around...
... when you share your limited knowledge...
... if you want to look stupid, just start whining...
... You are what we in the car business like to call a 'jack'...
... Instead of acting like a pompous ass...
... Oh, and another thing, Mr. Know It All...
ROFL!!! :D

I am also impressed. Your class and intellect overwhelms me, and probably a few other members. I am particularly amased at the contents of most of your posts is such a brief time. It could very possibly be indicative of your present status and infinite predicament, not that there is anything wrong with it. We need your kind to be where they are at.

Have nice lunch, or dinner. Whichever comes first.

:)

stang22

Established Member
Mach1Fun said:
In my experience as a salesman, people who come into the dealership going on about 'holdback' are the biggest tools around. Wow! You know what HOLDBACK is! I am so impressed when you share your limited knowledge of the car indusrty every time you come in.

For those who don't know, Holdback is the amount between 'memo' (the true cost of the vehicle to the dealer) and 'Invoice'. The dealer gets this money about 3 months after the sale. That said, if you want to look stupid, just start whining about the Holdback that the dealer is making off you while you are making the deal. Then go to McDonalds and cry about the price of the meat, cheese and bun compared to what they are selling you the cheeseburger for.

You are what we in the car business like to call a 'jack': "...I paid $1000 over invoice for my Cobra when everyone else was paying $5k over MSRP, and that was still too much..." "...even worst, I expect to pay $1800 over invoice for the GT500....." boo hoo. Blah Blah blah. What are you saying? What is the purpose of your communication?

What makes you expect to get any of the holdback? This is what pays for ads, promos, the light bill...etc., when dealers are selling the other 14 cars that Ford makes for much less profit.

Instead of acting like a pompous ass, why not enlighten the people here on how to make a good deal for themselves - rather than boast about how you feel that $1k over invoice wasn't a good deal for you... Whatever.

Oh, and another thing, Mr. Know It All, the Blue Oval Certified program is over. That costs the middle line dealers about $1 million a year.

Consumers have many laws to protect them from dealerships of old. What other retail industry has to, by federal law, show you the cost of their product upon request? California state law (and other states I'm sure), limits the profit you can make from financing a vehicle. If a buyer takes a day to understand about buying a car, and takes a few steps before coming in, they can do very well for themselves. But when a dealer gets say 3 cars that are the hottest thing on the current market and are selling for up to $65k... are you stupid for paying that price, or is the dealer stupid for giving it to you for $1800 over Invoice when the guy behind you will pay $10k or over MSRP? "it's about loyalty" you then say... What? Would you sell that dealer owner your house for 20% off the market value? NO? But he has always been loyal to you! Giving you Cobras for $8k less than everyone else! You really should be more loyal, Bullitt.

Before you all start flaming, I am hardly defending greedy dealership owners. I have worked with them before and it's not much fun. I am defending a dealer's right to make a profit. I get to work for a dealer that, while working hard to make good profits, could not be considered 'greedy'. They donate over $15k a year alone for my Mustang Club's car shows/toy drives. Then 10s of $1000s towards whatever the local community club, school or team needs.

That said, I get the whole holdback money taken off my further discounted D-Plan purchases.. So, I guess that makes me the biggest tool of all... haha.

Jon
mach1fun
Amen brother,I know what you mean!! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread