100 wet shot or smaller dry shot????

ChrisP14

Established Member
I was wondering what would be the best route to take for my 03 GT. I am going with a dynotune kit. My question is what kit would be best wet or dry, and what size jet should i use and why??? This is my daily driver so i want to be economical but still get the most power i can. Any comment are welcome

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
For your car, I think the 100 wet shot would be great.

I've heard wet is better, But I've seen too many motors go boomm with dry kits. But people use them.

ChrisP14

Established Member
really, most of the GT's around my area go with 100 wet shot but i was just wanting to see if there is another alternative given im not that experienced with it. SSeatr is there any way you can post a vid of your kit and maybe a purge???

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I had a 100 wet shot on my 01 Cobra and that worked just fine with no tune and it was my DD, but im really lovin the dry kit on my Fox. You can go 100 shot on the dry but I dont think you can go more than that if its a pre MAF shot like mine. I dont see many guys with new edge GT's running Dry kits, mostly terminators and fox bodies,i dont know why but there must be a reason. Try the DynoTUne wet kit or if your on a budjet try the NX mainline kit, I had it on my Cobra and it worked great, its like the NX base kit and is about the same price as the Dynotune kit but not as complete.

RixSikcobra04

For a NA '03 GT...A 100 wet shot would work great. In fact, I'd throw a 150 shot on there. I had a 2000 NA Saleen w/150 shot and it ran like a MoFo. Had Steeda timing adjuster tarded back 2*.

spike_africa

Established Member
WEt is what you want to do. This way you dont worry about the car adding fuel for the nitrous because the nitrous kit is doing it for you. I have been on a wet 125shot form compucar for almost 2 years or 3 years now, its been awhile. ONly had one small nitrous backfire thats it. I do run a window switch but my car is a manual and i powershift on the bottle for maximum power and e/t.

Users who are viewing this thread