100 Shot of N20?

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
I am thinking about going with a 100 shot of N20 on my stock 98 cobra with 4.10 gears. Will this hurt my engine in any way while I save for a blower? I am thinking about going with a zex wet kit. Also, what should I do to get rid of my suspention (wheel hop/spinning probs):beer:

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
It should not hurt your motor aslong as you use it wisely...follow the instructions to a T and you will be fine....with a 100 shot I would get one or two step colder plugs...I recommend NGK TR6's...I have a NX wet kit I have run 150 shot with no problems...things to consider...bottle heater and purge valve....NX makes a nice little kit for around $300 bucks that comes with bottle heater, purge valve, blow-down tube, fuel saftey cut out switch and pressure gauge. For me to have peace of mind I bought a RPM window switch from MSD that turns on the nitrous at a set RPM and shuts it off at a set RPM so I dont blow my motor if I over rev the car...(when you hit the rev limiter in our cars the computer cuts fuel...this causes a lean condition with nitrous and the results arent pretty). Make sure to run atleast 92 octane...when I go to the track I spring for 100 octane just to make sure...

Wheel hop you say? Well start off by getting a good set of springs and shocks and some sub frame connectors...I have intrax springs and tokico 5-way adjustables and Kenny Brown subs...intrax is a little on the stiff side...I want to switch to the steeda ultralite's I heard they ride close to OEM....if you still have wheel hop look into a set of upper and lower control arms (atleast get lower)...I have Mega Byte Jr's and they are great. If you still have wheel hop...I dont know what to tell you...

To get rid of wheel spin I picked myself up some Weld 15x8's and some BFG drag radials 275's and thye hook hard...actually to hard for the stock axles...just a warning if you get DR's launch softly if you have stock axles..I did a 5g launch and snapped my driveside axle...I have since upgraded to an Eaton 31 spline diff and Moser Axles with c-clip elims...downfall with C-clip elims is you lose ABS in the rear...C-Clips and a driveshaft safety loop are mandatory if you run slicks at the track (even though no one checks), just so you know

Well there you have it my .02 I hope I didnt scare you off from nitrous...I am running the bottle too while I save for my blower. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread