100 MPH?

bskinner

100mph? and i need a vacation. i mean really what kinda question is that anyway? I find humor in the fact that some people could expect not to go to jail when caught in such extreme violation of the law. I mean anywhere in the country 30mph is at least 30mph over the speed limit. as a result I am finding it harder to find people doing 20 over anymore. its been widely publicized that if your caught you should call a bondsman quickly before your arrrested.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Originally posted by SPEEDTRAPZ
100mph? and i need a vacation. i mean really what kinda question is that anyway? I find humor in the fact that some people could expect not to go to jail when caught in such extreme violation of the law. I mean anywhere in the country 30mph is at least 30mph over the speed limit. as a result I am finding it harder to find people doing 20 over anymore. its been widely publicized that if your caught you should call a bondsman quickly before your arrrested.

Yea, YOU need a vacation.......no-one is saying that it is not dangerous or wrong to do so, but you're getting way too wound up on a forum man:rollseyes You're not the only one who has ever seen death or pain. I can tell that you're way too high strung for the job you do, just by how you respond on this forum. Take a breath friend !!!:whine:

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Speaking as a sort-of-recovering professional speeder who thinks speed limits should be a great deal higher... I agree with Speedtrapz and don't think he's taking this too seriously. If you're doing triple digits and there's the slightest chance you were putting anyone else in danger, your ass belongs in the can. Now, I'm a bit of a hypocrite saying that, as there have been times when I've driven just-plain-too-damn-fast-perioid. But even if it's some empty road, if I had gotten nailed on one of my very few 100-125 mph runs, I'd have had no excuse.

Honestly, I start to wimp out at those speeds, and you should too. :)

--T.J.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
The shit that pisses me off isn't the people who get nailed for 100+. It's the 10 and 15 over shit, when the whole universe is going 10-15 over and if you drive the speed limit, cars are dodging you left and right trying to get past you.

I think they'd get a lot more compliance with the law and people would take the shit more seriously if they just set reasonable speed limits that didn't make 90% of the population lawbreakers.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Anyone with a Cobra here in AZ is doomed. It's sooooo easy to hit triple digits, especially when most freeways here are at least 65. Rural it's 75. some of the traffic runs 75-80 in a 65, and 85-90 on the rural roads.

I would say the maintained speed is more important. If you're blasting on a stretch that has no traffic, surprise! You're at 100+.

:shrug:

bskinner

I might have sounded excited but in all actuality i was probably trying to hold my eyes open with toothpicks. I dont get excited anymore i just get out my pen and start writin. I dont raise my voice scream or holler unless you crash into me, in which case really do get pissed because i have to go tee tee in the bottle and take a breath test. It realy sucks.

silvercoffin

Established Member
nooo

Here in NJ its not jail time. i dont think the cop even has that option. BUt the mistake i made as the cop screamed at me to take a guess at how fast i was going and I kept answering that i didnt know...was finally saying maybe 90 or 100....

Then somehow...even though my radar didnt go off until I was around 70 in the 65 my ticket msyteriously read.. 116 in a 65.... and the cop even had the nerve to write for the judge to see. When asked how fast he was going suspect said " I dont know 100?"

I was guilty....in fact I had been going 140! but I am convinced that the cop never got me at all. He was behind me already on the highway and im sure he wouldnt have given me that big a break....or any break at all for that matter...the guy was screaming at me!

Wroked out ok after AAA Class im down to 3 pts and the wreckless driving was dissmissed. $260 fine and I payed $600 for attorney.....

Still bugs me that a State Trooper was dishonest....

So if you are ever asked...just say the speed limit!:mj:

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Would be nice if the speed limit was 80, but then people would be going 90 to 100 all the time. The other big problem is slow traffic in the fast lane. Guys going 55-60 and the faster cars passing on the right. Difference between the speeds of cars make major danger. In Cal I understand any ticket 25 MPH over the limit cannot be eliminated by traffic school. So 65 plus 25 equals 90MPH. Speed demons should take it to the track. Checked out car, helmet, alert drivers, no solid poles or trees to hit, no cross-traffic, dogs or pedestrians to run into, etc. The life you save may be your own.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
i understand that people say bring it to the track, but believe it or not, theres not a track everywhere. and about the state trooper lying, i've met my share of jerk Cops, but then i've also met some nice ones. unfortunately there seems to be more of the former out there =\

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
What bothers me is like a Cobra 100+ MPH is nothing it is built for it Right / Wrong ? BUt i have read that it is reckless driving in Cops eyes. NOw i know all states have this problem i have seen some cars that doing 65 MPH should be considered reckless driving ,Shouldn't even be on the road! I could prolly stop faster from 100 to 0 than some of the POS from 55 to 0.
Dont get me wrong play time still should be chosen very carefully .

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
If you go around 140, the chances get slimmer that anone will catch you, I usually obey the law, or go ballin to the walls, every once in a blue moon. I don't know why I guess the crazyness comes out in us all sometimes. Just make shure you make a turn shortly after your mad burst of acceleration, and keep others in mind when you pick the venue.:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread