10 Years+1 Basement= 1 hand built Contach

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Cool. But with the money he has in that why not just buy the real thing.

First off, I didn't read any where on the page where it stated how much the cost of the project was. Secondly, he probably built it because that's what he loves doing. I would find more pride in driving a car I built VS driving in a car a bought.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It's nothing special, people build these replicas using a custom tube chassis all the time, (a lot of them use a fiero chassis). He just fabricated his own kit, which a lot of people decide to do as well.

kitcars.com
kitcar.com

These are all replicas

lambo-kelly-oh.jpg

lambo-supczak-on.jpg

exotic-countach-red-pa-BIG.jpg

countach-yellow-hanna.jpg

lambo-williams-md.jpg

lambo-teague-va.jpg

lambo-wood-fl.jpg

lambo-johnson-fl.jpg

Some of them will actually blow the doors off the real thing. There is a company that uses a real nice tubular chassis, multi-link suspension, modded LS7 z06 motors or V10 BMW motors, Porsche transaxles, etc..They still end up costing you over $100K+, but they're light, (under 3,000lbs) and in some cases over 600hp.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
It's nothing special, people build these replicas using a custom tube chassis all the time, (a lot of them use a fiero chassis). He just fabricated his own kit, which a lot of people decide to do as well.

kitcars.com
kitcar.com

These are all replicas

lambo-kelly-oh.jpg

lambo-supczak-on.jpg

exotic-countach-red-pa-BIG.jpg

countach-yellow-hanna.jpg

lambo-williams-md.jpg

lambo-teague-va.jpg

lambo-wood-fl.jpg

lambo-johnson-fl.jpg

Some of them will actually blow the doors off the real thing. There is a company that uses a real nice tubular chassis, multi-link suspension, modded LS7 z06 motors or V10 BMW motors, Porsche transaxles, etc..They still end up costing you over $100K+, but they're light, (under 3,000lbs) and in some cases over 600hp.

Not even comparable. A lot of those are probably manufactured kits, his is built from the ground up. Forming the panels to the chassis. If it's not a problem, how many people have you known that was able to build a car from nothing.

Regardless of how many times someone has done it, it's still an achievement to build something like this in your basement.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Not even comparable. A lot of those are probably manufactured kits, his is built from the ground up. Forming the panels to the chassis. If it's not a problem, how many people have you known that was able to build a car from nothing.

Regardless of how many times someone has done it, it's still an achievement to build something like this in your basement.

I agree it's an achievement, but it's nothing new or different.

People create kits by themselves not all of those are manufactured kits, like the Murcielago which is a one of a kind. A lot of the manufactured kits don't fit well.

http://www.geocities.com/mykitcar/

If you scroll down you will see the process to hand making one from scratch. Of course, the more time and money you spend the better and more realistic it will look. That site is pretty retarded, (it's not that cheap or easy) but it's just an example. A lot of people build custom ones and sell them for profits, you can check out the kitcar forums, there are threads out there with the entire build process.

Last edited:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Another poster owner here. I think it's pretty damn cool. The fact that he did it is incredible in and of itself. But if ti was me, I would rather have built a classic Shelby Cobra or GT40 replica. But I do love the look of the Countach. Classic Lamborghini.

Users who are viewing this thread