10% overdrive

96andforever

Established Member
Anyone know the labor on a innovators west 10% overdrive pulley on a 96 cobra with a Vortech. WHAT'S involved in changing the craNK PULLEY

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you looking for labor cost or what's involved? If you're looking for a cost you're going to have to call the shop that's going to be doing the work.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
It will take you longer to jack the car up then it will to swap pulleys. Go to advance/autozone/ect... and rent/buy a balancer puller. If your belt has some decent slack in it you might not even need to swap belts. But in some cases you might need to order the next size larger belt.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The belt I'm currently running is 2" longer then the one I had on the stock crank pulley. I don't know if it's the same for your set up.

JP_Stang

Established Member
How much boost can expect to gain by going to a 10% pulley? I am currently putting an intercooler on my setup right now. I am using a vertical flow Bell so I don't think I will lose much with that intercooler. I also noticed that I have a 3.25 pulley on my Vortech T-trim "race". Am I pushing the supercharger hard right now already?

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'd have to use the equation to see if you're over spinning the blower. Engine RPM X Pulley Ratio X Blower Step Up Ratio. With my old motor and a 3.9" pulley my blower was good for 12psi. With the same pulley, bigger motor, and better exhaust I see 14psi with the 7.5" crank pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread