$10 Lifetime National Park Pass for Seniors(62)

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Would it be safe to assume tax dollars are used to pay for and operate these lands yet you need to pay AGAIN in order to use them?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Exactly, I've never understand why we have to pay to use our land.

Probably because they are massively underfunded and the degree of difficulty it takes to manage them far exceeds what the average American sees in their mind.

I would suggest it's a larger more complex process than perceived considering the amount of wildlife, land, tourists, and poachers/those intent to do harm that come there.

Yellowstone is a national monument, farm, zoo, tourist attraction, massive liability (animals, geysers, general dangers), fire hazard, poachers paradise, drug runners paradise, and whatever else you can consider. It's by no means a cheap place to run and they certainly don't get crazy funding.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Probably because they are massively underfunded and the degree of difficulty it takes to manage them far exceeds what the average American sees in their mind.

I would suggest it's a larger more complex process than perceived considering the amount of wildlife, land, tourists, and poachers/those intent to do harm that come there.

Yellowstone is a national monument, farm, zoo, tourist attraction, massive liability (animals, geysers, general dangers), fire hazard, poachers paradise, drug runners paradise, and whatever else you can consider. It's by no means a cheap place to run and they certainly don't get crazy funding.

While all of what you said might indeed be true, that still does not excuse how WE ALREADY PAY FOR IT. Lack of the proper funds or a greater allocation of funds is not my fault.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Lack of the proper funds or a greater allocation of funds is not my fault.

Actually it's everyone's fault. Proper emphasis on spending by voting populace is our responsibility as said populace.

So we have a choice- Either work super hard to push Congress to properly fund the Wildlife and Parks in our nation. This could take years or even decades to get right.

Or pay 10 dollars

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Actually it's everyone's fault. Proper emphasis on spending by voting populace is our responsibility as said populace.

So we have a choice- Either work super hard to push Congress to properly fund the Wildlife and Parks in our nation. This could take years or even decades to get right.

Or pay 10 dollars

You forgot choice number three: Refuse to be the victim of a shakedown.

Our government is ALWAYS taking money from us and then expecting more from in some fashion or another.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

Or pay 10 dollars
What the ****. You're shit is making sense today.?

Btw I'm a huuge proponent of our national parks and wildlife and donate extra monies to the appropriate charities. I like animals more than people.

Users who are viewing this thread