10 AE wheel finishes????

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
10 AE wheels did they all come with machined lips on them or did any have completed coverage of paint/powdercoat? I have 2 that were take-offs that I am told were never sold by Ford that way. They still have the little green stickers on them from when the car was new the sticker that went from the tire to the wheel that was suppose to be removed upon the make ready of thecar.

I had them for sale on eBay and linked here but the gentleman who got them wants to return them because we cannot find anything about the wheels ever being like that.

You can see the pictures LINK_HERE

Looking for clarification on this.

Thanks,
Matt

forcefedcobra

Established Member
10th ann wheels from the factory on a 10th ann car had a machine finish lip. They were NOT painted all the way out like the ones you have pictured.

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
10th ann wheels from the factory on a 10th ann car had a machine finish lip. They were NOT painted all the way out like the ones you have pictured.

Thanks. So then somewhere before I got them they were painted completely. I appreciate the info. That is all that I could confirm from pictures and no real data from anyone stating that so thank you.

Matt

forcefedcobra

Established Member
no problem Matt. that is all I know for sure. Who knows maybe ford racing screwed up on those and didnt catch them before they were sent out. They do look pretty nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread