10.980 @ 125.08! My 2007 Automatic GT

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
10.980 @ 125.08! My 2007 Automatic GT

Well I am finally in the 10 second club! The car ran awesome. As you will see on the time slip. I put on the larger tire I said I needed last week. A perfect match! JDM did my swaybar relocation brackets late yesterday to get me to the track with the larger tires.

Ford really has given us an awesome car to work with!

2007GT10secondetown.jpg

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Was there last night man, and was standing next to your friend when you ran the 11.3, then saw the 10 second run later. Congrats.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks!!! Yep..that first run was hot off the street..I got there late after JDM put in my Roush Swaybar relocation brackets....pulled in..got in the slick lanes and off they went...uuugh! I even told a couple people I would go 3 to 4 tenths slower .....so after that run as you know. We had tons of time to let my baby cool down. AWESOME! for me!

svtsn8ke

Established Member
Congrats Harry, that's friggin awesome! 10.88 and still have a DD that gets 22mpg is unbelievable. That gives me something to work towards with my '06 GT auto.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Congrats Harry, that's friggin awesome! 10.88 and still have a DD that gets 22mpg is unbelievable. That gives me something to work towards with my '06 GT auto.

Thank buddy! You have an awesome car to work with. Thats for sure! Automatic GT's have come a looooong way!:beer:

Stang925

Established Member
good job in getting in to the 10s whats next? your at 5 wheel isnt that pushing it for the stock block.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks buddy......and I am pushing it abit for the stock block. But remember...its not at her limits yet....there are a few I know with 550 plus rwhp and still going. I mean, dont get me wrong..some have gone kaboom, even with the best safest tuning . But if one road races...that will really put some pressure on a motor and be ready to lose the motor in due time. But if you drag race like I do and dont drive the car every day. And respect the car and keep checking everything...all should be good for along while. My 10.88 at 127 has me itching for more. I might go for alittle more on a killer race tune....but over the winter to be safe I will be building a motor for the 9's....and be totally safe.

Boost Devil

Brothers in Battle
Established Member
Hot Rod

With the relocation kit what size rubber did you get under the car? I am guessing those rims are 15 x 10's ?

96supersnake

Established Member
^^^He got rid of this car for an 11 gt, but the tranny was a stone stock auto...these autos are good runners with a power adder. He has more threads on that car in here somewhere, that showed it was mainly just the power adder and gears, not much else...he has a n/a thread also..

rbrand9935

Established Member
Thanks Supersnake.
I cant believe what these Tranny can do as I remember I had an AOD Trans in my 87 GT and twisted the hollow Input Shafts 3 times and the Valve Body etc. After the 5th time I swaped it out for a TREMEC and end of problem. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread