10.5" rims w/GSD3 315's

Steeda1

Established Member
Hey guys...I'm about to do a rear axle swap with a Mach and was wordering about somthing. In our cars you can run a 10.5" rear wheel w/315 Goodyear GSD3's. The only problem is that you have to shave the IRS bolt and use a wheel spacer. What, if anything, do you have to do to a Mach in order to run this setup?

Thanks for the info...

PB

Last edited by a moderator:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Well Intimidator runs 10.5 with 305's on his GT with no problem. Don't know anyone with 315's but I'm sure someone does over at Mach1Registry. The only other thing would be the right side Borla pipe in the way but your config is a little different. You might not have any problems.:shrug:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
No problem just check out Intimidators profile and click on his link if you want to see some pics for the heck of it.:shrug:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I recently took some pictures of my exhaust clearance.

I am running Nitto 315/35/17's on deep-dish 17x10.5 wheels with a 27mm (I think) offset. And I am not using any spacers, nor have I had to make any kind of modifications for clearance.

Here are the pictures:

Mach1ExhaustClearance1.jpg

Mach1ExhaustClearance2.jpg

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
You can run up to a 335, but Ive heard that the gs-d3's are the same width as a micheline pilot sport 335:shrug: It will fit though, nittos are much narrower.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
You can run up to a 335, but Ive heard that the gs-d3's are the same width as a micheline pilot sport 335:shrug: It will fit though, nittos are much narrower.
Yeah good point. Different brands with the same profile are not the same.:beer:

Fosters

Established Member
315's are very different in size. nittos are prolly the smallest ones out there.

sumitumos are tiny too. Goodyear GS-D3s are huge.

here's a comparisson shot between GS-D3s and Sumitumo's, both 315s

oldnew2.jpg

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
I can. It seems that they are different sizes truthfully. There is like 1.5 inches diference!!?!?!?

Fosters

Established Member
Originally posted by kissmyAZZure
I can. It seems that they are different sizes truthfully. There is like 1.5 inches diference!!?!?!?

newp, they really are both 315s...

sizes vary a LOT between brands. BFGs are another brand that are huge. i had BFG 275s on my turd and on the stock 8" rim it looked like i was riding on baloons. i put kumhos on it and they looked ok... lil' bulge but ok. 275 nittos are even a bit smaller than that... i've been through too many sets of tires... i need to slow down 8(

Fosters

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread