$10 - $15,000 over MSRP

FKing1

Established Member
According to an article in today's (May 15) "Automotive News," Dealers are going to ask $10 to $15 G's over sticker for the GT 500's. Talking to my Dealer rep today who said Ford will not allow selling on "A" plan either. I will wait a couple years to buy!

Fred

:cryying: :cryying:

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
its bs, i took a deal to my owner today for 17k over and he turned it down. im like, "sell that shit yourself then". I hope his allocated unit doesnt come in 2 months later than everyone elses. thats what happened with my store and sport tracs

Last edited:

POINTCOVER

Established Member
For $60,000 you can buy a slightly used Viper. I hate the fact that this is turning into such a collectors race. It takes away from the true mustang faithful. :fm:

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Let the collectors have the first ones... they are the ones that don't mind losing the first 5 or 10 years... they are looking at the 20+ year mark... and the value... not the next 2 or 3.

Then... we'll scoop em up for $30K all day long!

Anyone spending 60K for a Mustang is a collector... not an enthusiast... any enthusiast would just buy a Viper. Let a lone... the Z-06 in another 2 years... ;)

Dave

91 FOX 5.0

Established Member
I dont see why 10 -15 k over sticker is so surprising for these cars when they first come out. Just wait and the price will go down. This happens with many other cars, even when the new vw bugs came out they were getting 5 k over sticker, when full size nissan pickup came out it was seeing 5 -8 over sticker, and when the prowler came out it was getting 20 over sticker.

just my 2 cents :shrug:

Yes and the PT=crusiers were getting !0,000.00 over MSRP. Just shop around and you can locate a dealer that will sell at MSRP. I know I did ,but this dealer is only getting 3 shelbys,and will sell all 3 for MSRP. I did put a deposit down about 16,months ago though ,I was offered the first unit,but waited a few weeks and I was #4,on their list ,and I was just lucky,that the #3,depositer that put his Deposit decided he did not want it,and my Dealer called me while my wife and I were in Penscloa,Flordia,baby sitting for our son and his wife who are OBGYN,Doctors out there,and they informed me that we moved from #4on,their List to #3,and asked what color,and body style I wanted. So we ordered a coupe,White/Blue-stripes with all 3 options. You talk about God sent,because we did not think that we would get it this year at all at #4,on their list. Now its a wait and see now for it tro come in. It was ordered 4/6/06,and spoke to my dealer about 2 weeks ago and the first one ordered on there order bank was excepted by Ford with the new owners Vin.#,so its about to be built,when production actually starts up on 6/6/06,from what SVT/now/Ford Performance told me today,spoke to Jeff,and also said that MSRP will be released at the end of this month,not too long left to wait around 8 working days not counting Saturdat/Sunday,of course.So just try to make some phone calls who knows you may still find a dealer out there thats not trying to over price them,I wish whomever GOOD LUCK,on locating one .

Last edited:

cobraracer46

Banned
The automotive news article also said that Ford does not give a shit about dealers marking up the car and the dealers said that they will price the car as high as the market will bear. The bottom line is that if you one to be the first mother f u c k e r on the block with a GT500, get ready to pay through the nose. :eek:

Man look first of all I'm not a ?????,you know what you called me. If you want a Shelby like I do,and have not ordered one just do it. I did not PAY OVER MSRP,as your hounding on,that custommeres will pay. If they choose too well wake up its there MONEY,and not yours and they have the Right to Pay what they are satsified with. What gives you the right to Put Consummers down as you did and most of all disgrace not just us but the site that you are doing the same too all SVT Car owners. All I say was you can find a Shelby At MSRP like I did and pay it if you want and if not well Do not Buy it.It's entirley your option.As said its Your money not mind.I manage my on money and my wife and I will make those decisions NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
The price will probably come down, but I am going to wait for the next model year to see if all the bugs are ironed out. Remember the tick and the TOB problems with the 03's? The 03/04 Cobra's were overbuilt and can withstand a lot of mods and boost; but I am not convinced that the Shelbys are. Those who buy the first Shelbys can be our test mules and we can find out if they go Kaboom with serious mods.

Well I own a 2003 Cobra,now a S281Cobra,and as far as the ticking that your refering about,I never experenanced it with my Cobra. My car is a Saleen Product a S281Cobra#97.I did take it in to the local SVT/Saleen, Dealer and had that checked out and they,meaning there SVT Mechanics said that my Cobra was ok,had no problems with the ticking in the Heads of my Engine. Well hope you are able to find a Shelby at the price yore willing to pay as I did,now we're waiting foe the phone call my wife and i from our dealer that it has arrived so we can go pick it up and just enjoy it.

Last edited:

Lawman

Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:
The price will probably come down, but I am going to wait for the next model year to see if all the bugs are ironed out. Remember the tick and the TOB problems with the 03's? The 03/04 Cobra's were overbuilt and can withstand a lot of mods and boost; but I am not convinced that the Shelbys are. Those who buy the first Shelbys can be our test mules and we can find out if they go Kaboom with serious mods.

You are definitely right. I had a first run mineral grey '03 Cobra (R.I.P.) and I found myself dropping it off at the dealership twice a month on recall work.
After all of the bugs were "gone," it was a great running car.
I sure miss it!!-- :(

rwhp

Established Member
FKing1 said:
According to an article in today's (May 15) "Automotive News," Dealers are going to ask $10 to $15 G's over sticker for the GT 500's. Talking to my Dealer rep today who said Ford will not allow selling on "A" plan either. I will wait a couple years to buy!

Fred

:cryying: :cryying:
i was talking to the fleet manager at a ford dealer in thousand oaks ca. today..he said he will be getting 3 shelbys and they are all sold and he got 25 k over sticker :nonono:

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
hp freak said:
i was talking to the fleet manager at a ford dealer in thousand oaks ca. today..he said he will be getting 3 shelbys and they are all sold and he got 25 k over sticker :nonono:

Which is why I am very sceptical when someone claims they can get one for MSRP. Every dealer I have talked to has said the same thing; they go to the highest bidder. If the price of Shelbys dont go down next year, I will be looking hard at the new Challenger; especially if it comes with the 6.4L, 510hp hemi.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
as i stated earlier, i could care less at this point. but i think its possible for someone to get msrp. i just see these things selling for crazy money for awhile. even at the 60k with markups, its very affordable for the demographic it targets.

chuckstang

Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:
Which is why I am very sceptical when someone claims they can get one for MSRP. Every dealer I have talked to has said the same thing; they go to the highest bidder. If the price of Shelbys dont go down next year, I will be looking hard at the new Challenger; especially if it comes with the 6.4L, 510hp hemi.

you can look hard at that challenger till your blue in the face but it wont cost you any less then this shebly nor will it be any easier to get.
how come nobody understands that :shrug:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
chuckstang said:
you can look hard at that challenger till your blue in the face but it wont cost you any less then this shebly nor will it be any easier to get.
how come nobody understands that :shrug:

And it will prolly be heavier too. :-D

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
even at the 60k with markups, its very affordable for the demographic it targets.
Well, this demographic says NO, not paying 65K (the minimum asking price in these parts) for a production Mustang. And he also says NO, not sitting around with my thumb up my butt waiting for the dealers to see reason. I'll leave the GT500's for those other demographics - thanks but no thanks. :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread