$10,000 Budget What would you do????

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
$10,000 Budget, What would you do and how fast could you make this Fox body cobra go? Starting with an all stock 93 Cobra

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Sell the engine/trans for 2K.
Buy a wrecked 03-04 cobra for 9K
Sell off the IRS, some interior, etc for make 2K.

Now we're only out 5K. You'll need a new k-member and such, so there goes a grand. 4 left. Kenne Bell, and a tune! :)

carguy19

Established Member
put the cobra in the garage and buy someones fox body that is looking to unload it for a deal. You can't beat a situation where someone already built a car and lost a ton on it.

Don't wreck your car with tons of mods.

If you insist, Id do a proven supercharger setup and put the rest in the bank if you are set on modding the cobra.

buddha93

Established Member
Spend some time over on the Corral and Racing Junk. There are too many good deals to be had out there if you've got cash money. Be careful with used stuff and try and keep the big money purchases local. It's how I built my car and I save thousands and ended up with some really good parts, most of it new in the box.

As far as "how fast" is a simple one. As fast as your wallet will let you go. If your looking at going down the strip, 10' s would be an easy task with a power adder and the supporting hardware.

Adower

Established Member
I would do a .30 over, pickup some AFR heads, long tubes, a custom cam and vortech YSI with fuel mods.

carguy19

Established Member
Last 2 posts.... that would be hell for a stock bottom end cobra.

Part of the build should factor in a new block that can hold 5-600 hp. That would of course blow the 10000 budget out of the water.

bad93svt

Established Member
buy a turbo kit, injectors & a couple fuel pumps. put 15lbs of boost & have fun until it blows.
or
but my supercharged engine complete, I'll take yours in on trade.. because I am not having any luck selling my bad investment..

See sig for details

buddha93

Established Member
:lol:

Ya, bummer deal man. I saw your car didn't sell on Fleabay.

Don't get me wrong, I've used Ebay a lot and gotten some great deals, but when it comes to adult toys, I don't have much faith in the system as there are lot of idiots on there, trying to get something for nothing.

bad93svt

Established Member
Yeah, Not really sure what I should do to get rid of it.. seems no one wants to pay anything for it. SO, maybe I will keep it & put an auto in it. dump some more good money to bad..

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Sorry but if one had 10 grand ready to blow then I have to go with Kevin and get the totaled out 03 and swap the complete drivetrain starting with the fan all the way back to the IRS.

Users who are viewing this thread