1 w/g or 2 for single set up?

Trackman

Established Member
I have plans for CG forward facing headers merging at a center mount flange for a 88 turbo set up. Will one wastegate work well or should I have CG weld in flanges on both sides for a dual set up. I think proper boost control will be critical. If I go with 2 that leads to the next question how size should they be? Car makes 8-900 hp now with 25lbs on the old hotside set up.

new to Ford ,new to turbos

Last edited:

04cobrawhine

Established Member
A good quality single waste gate of the proper size will be your best bet. I've never even seen anyone run a dual WG setup on a single turbo car.

Venomous 03

Established Member
I have plans for CG forward facing headers merging at a center mount flange for a 88 turbo set up. Will one wastegate work well or should I have CG weld in flanges on both sides for a dual set up. I think proper boost control will be critical. If I go with 2 that leads to the next question how size should they be? Car makes 8-900 hp now with 25lbs on the old hotside set up.

new to Ford ,new to turbos

I wastegate is enough.just make sure its big enough,and remember,you can never have too much wastegate ;)

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Buddy running two WG on his single 7175. Had boost spike with one, so I'm prolly going to go with two.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread