1 plug doesnt look good.....

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Hey I am new to this site. I checked my plugs after spraying the car saturday and all of the look GREAT but one. This one is mostly a soft brown color but it has an obvious white rainbow looking spot on it. The spot is small but it covers the width of the back of the groundstrap. only a spot right at where it bends. There is not anything wrong with the shape of the plug (its not broken or bent). The car also runs fine. I had been running 93 octane with a bottle of Lucas octane booster. I am on stock timing. Thats why I run the booster. What could be the problem? Others have said that it is due to the initial lean spike from the nitrous but some disagree with that.... I have a walbro 255 fuel pump. Yes it works fine.....I also just have a 6 inch fuel line from the fuel rail to the fuel solenoid.

All the rest of the plugs are perfectly soft brown though.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
2 things:
1. Get rid of the octane booster (waste of money & raises the octane by .1-.3 so 93.1 or 93.3..not really helpful now is it?)

2. Get rid of the walbro 255. It's not the correct fuel pump for your car. Your car is returnless and that pump is made to work with return style. Go get a focus or an aviator fuel pump and your car should run better.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
SQ Stang said:
2 things:
1. Get rid of the octane booster (waste of money & raises the octane by .1-.3 so 93.1 or 93.3..not really helpful now is it?)

2. Get rid of the walbro 255. It's not the correct fuel pump for your car. Your car is returnless and that pump is made to work with return style. Go get a focus or an aviator fuel pump and your car should run better.

Why would it not work? Its been working fine now for going on a year. Also I have a fuel(hobbs) switch on the system. the nitrous will cut off if the pumps not puttin out at least 35psi. Dont think its a fuel pump problem.....

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I'm just saying that the car that you have is not made to work with the walbro 255 as well as save your money on the octane booster. Good luck.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Well I didnt fry the cylinder....anthe pump is good....so What else could be the problem? Could it be going lean upon initial spray in just that ONE cylinder??

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
TRUBLUEGT03 said:
kinda off the subject but how do you like nx's plate? Mine hits VERY hard! :thumbsup:

Holy Crap! The thing makes SOOOO much torque. Im just on a 100 shot and it will fishtail sideways from a 40 roll punch! I dont know about yours but mine pulls very hard on the topend its almost like a blower at WOT. I havent heard it ping one time either. I used to have a Zex wet system on it. LMAO That kit was a JOKE compared to this NX...I love it! I am really not in a hurry to put a blower on it for now cause its plenty enough power really... :pepper:

Have you ran yours in the 1/4 mile yet? What times and speed?

Last edited:

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
LS1Killer said:
Why would it not work? Its been working fine now for going on a year. Also I have a fuel(hobbs) switch on the system. the nitrous will cut off if the pumps not puttin out at least 35psi. Dont think its a fuel pump problem.....
The walbro is not made for a return style system. It doesn't adjust itself properly and put out the correct lph per the volt output of the ECU. If you were to put a flow test on it it's probably not putting out any better then stock.

Last edited:

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
LS1Killer said:
Well I didnt fry the cylinder....anthe pump is good....so What else could be the problem? Could it be going lean upon initial spray in just that ONE cylinder??
You may be floating the valve at high rpm's causing a lean. You need to get it on the dyno to really see.

Users who are viewing this thread