1 OF 10 1999 SVT Mustang Cobra

Grumpy Old Man

Established Member
I'm glad to hear from the prior owner. I need to figure out how to do a pm from this site. The site seems more cantankerous on the phone than a computer

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I like the green. A lot. And the white top looks nice as well. Super clean car there - enjoy! Any mods besides the wheels and exhaust?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm glad to hear from the prior owner. I need to figure out how to do a pm from this site. The site seems more cantankerous on the phone than a computer

Two things. First we have an App in the Apple and Google App stores. Just search for SVTP and you'll find it. Second, you can choose to view the full desktop version of the site on a mobile device. This thread has information how:

https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...s-18-just-in-time-to-vote-in-florida.1167705/

Grumpy Old Man

Established Member
Other mods by previous owners are the spoiler and wheels. I've replaced the headlights, added sequencing to the taillights, and the Borla exhaust, replaced the tires, and had cosmetic work done to repair stone chips on the front end. Being contacted by the previous owner was a real plus, I'm glad he's on this site. He directed me to the original window sticker he had in the owner's manual. Somehow I missed it going through the documentation.

I found the car on Car Gurus. It was at a Thayer Ford in Ohio, near Toledo. After some discussions and more photos I pulled the trigger and had it shipped to Plaza Ford near home. In MD a car under 25 years old (by the calendar, not model year) has to be inspected to be licensed and titled. The inspection trigger adding the exhaust and new tires. It was an interesting and different car buying experience for this grumpy old man, and only had me grumpy a couple of times.

The biggest problem now is getting re-acclimated to a standard transmission. It's been 40 years or so since my last manual car. My legs don't work as good as they used too either. In 1969 I bought my first car, a 64 1/2 Fastback Mustang. I was a 3 speed on the floor with a small 170ci straight six. I had it for about 2 years. Still wish I did. I was in my last year in the Army when I got it.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Welcome aboard sir - glad you’re shifting gears again. Is the “1 of 10” comment referring to green convertibles with white tops? Do you know how many they made in green in total?

Oh - your early mustang had to be a ‘65, as all the ‘64 1/2 cars were coupes and convertibles. Fastbacks didn’t arrive until the ‘65 model year. Still great that you’re back in a Mustang!

Users who are viewing this thread