1 month later - (2016 Mustang GT)

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Well this project is moving along at a much more accelerated pace than my last few cars. My plans for the Mustang were to knock out the cosmetics then just chill, save and enjoy the car for awhile then look into going supercharged.

Anyways, this week made 1 month since having the car. Unfortunately I didn't have it for almost 2 weeks. I just got it back Tuesday because a few weeks ago coming home later at night on a small back road, 2 dogs were wondering in the left lane (keep your ****ing dogs contained people) and when I was slowing down, one of the dog started to lunge towards the front end of my car. My natural reaction was to swerve to try and avoid it which put the passenger side of the car into a screwed up ditch (no shoulders) which ended up snagging on the PP air splitter and pulling it back which caused it to pull on the front bumper as well, breaking off the clips and causing flex which make the fog bezels, and grills to pop loose as well. Anyways, insurance got it fixed up for me. I took at to a specialized Ford body shop to make sure it got the right treatment and they did a great job. The upside I guess was, when I bought the car I specifically asked not to drill the bump for plates and they did... so once I found out they were replacing the front bumper I requested not to tap it. So now I don't have that ugly crap on the front.

Anyways. Since having the car I have done the following.

35% ceramic tint
1080 Black Gloss on the roof
Full front and rear Anchor Room light vinyl tint kit
Borla S Type catback exhaust
Blacked-out decklid GT symbol, front pony emblem
Gloss black 5.0 badges on the way
Velgen VMB8 Satin Black 20×9″ front and 20×10.5″ rear concave wheel with 255/285 tires

I'm really feeling like the only thing left on the outside is Eibach Sportline springs and painting the brembos white using G2 paint kit. Then I might move to the engine back. I have a buddy who does great hydrodip work.

edited_20160728_143900-01.jpg20160728_143910-01.jpegIMG_20160727_205647.jpgIMG_20160727_223014.jpg20160727_145407.jpg

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Still got the subi? Looks good though

Nope. I got rid of it but I'm thinking about finding an older WRX for the winter. I keep getting tagged on FB of people spotting it though. I traded it in and someone got it the next day. They were a friend with one of the techs. He traded an 07 STi in for it which was a bit surprising (my favorite year). But my car was modded up pretty good so he got a nice car. I ended up leaving everything on it and the dealer cut me a check for some of the parts and I took a few things off like STi wheels, and few accessories.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
Looks real good. For my tastes, I like some type of rear spoiler on the new S550's to help balance it out, such as the GT350 PP spoiler. Just my 2¢

Alien STI

Established Member
Nope. I got rid of it but I'm thinking about finding an older WRX for the winter. I keep getting tagged on FB of people spotting it though. I traded it in and someone got it the next day. They were a friend with one of the techs. He traded an 07 STi in for it which was a bit surprising (my favorite year). But my car was modded up pretty good so he got a nice car. I ended up leaving everything on it and the dealer cut me a check for some of the parts and I took a few things off like STi wheels, and few accessories.
Wtf.. what dealer cut you a check for your mods lol i need to go there..

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Wtf.. what dealer cut you a check for your mods lol i need to go there..

Well originally they were going to let me take the car home for few days and replace them with the stock parts. But once they found out they had someone interested and wanted it the way it was, they wanted to sell it as is so I told him cut me a check for some of the parts and I'm good. I could have made more selling them outright but I honestly didn't feel like reverting the car back either. So ya, not too bad of a deal. Dealership was pretty cool.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Looks surprisingly good, and I say it like that because I'm not a fan of the S550 platform. Once it's lowered it will look 100% though.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
car is looking good. Mine is now 2 months old and aside from the additional 5500 miles it has only had added the black GT350 coil covers and a CFM breather.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Ooooh, nice! Those wheels are solid, like a thinner spoked version of the GT350R carbon wheels. Once it's lowered a little bit it will be perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread