1 $hitty driver + 1 $hitty driver = C6 loss

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
The title simply means that I am not the best at driving a manual. Looks like the C6 shared the same value.

I was heading North on RT23. I made a Right at a street called Polaris. There was a Blue drop top C6 waiting to make a left on to Polaris as well. I was cruising, so I didn't act crazy when I saw him. Well he's laying back behind me as if I'm a waste of his gas (you know when you are the big dog on the block you take your leisurely time) so I did the same.

Eventually I got caught by a Red light, he wound up right in the back of me. Light turns green, I pull off, and so does he. Nothing major traffic is kinda heavy. Light #2, he's still behind, I pull off as usual, again he does the same. Light #3, he's had enough of being behind me, and lines up next to me at the next light. I think he wanted to see if it was really a TERMINATOR. So I'm in 1st gear, slightly riding the clutch. Light turns green, I let off slowly and he does the same (I was about 2 feet ahead when the light turned green), I give gas, so does he, then we both gun it.

I shifted out of 1st at about 4000RPM's, and hit 2nd. He hits 2nd, and for some strange reason begins to steal my lead. I expected that since I was out front, I wouldv'e maintained the lead through every gear; we're almost even.

I shifted to third before he did and managed to maintain the dwindled lead. After that, he let off the gas and so did I.

It was a older guy, I would say mid 40's to early 50's. Had a beard full of gray wearing shades. This was my 1st dig race, and after today I can clearly see how these cars have a huge advantage at lower gears.

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
My Termy is bone stock. The clutch is rumored to be aftermarket. However, the shifter is definetly not stock. It was fun, didn't think I could hang with a C6 like that.

jeffs

Established Member
Dude at least take it to 5800 before shifting up, If it was close with you shifting into 2nd at 4K, you would have slaughtered him, These cars are torque monsters but come on. Anyways sounded like a fun run, beat on that thing a bit......

Users who are viewing this thread