1 dead in explosion of guacamole machine

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
My buddy actually owns the building (business) this happened at. He was leasing some warehouse space to the guy that was building this guacamole packing rig. The rig from what I understand was fully built and they were testing it out. The rigs job was to take the guacamole and pressurize it, then put it into the containers under pressure with zero oxygen so it stays fresh. They were testing the rig out using water as it leaves no mess and something let go causing it to essentially explode. The guy who built the thing was a big dude (like over 3 bills) and he was hit with a chunk of metal that blew about 50 feet away and just smashed his bones to pieces. The other 2 guys got hurt with shrapnel and they were only back there just helping the main guy out to be nice (didn't work for him or with him).

My my wife's cousin that works there heard the explosion and saw the aftermath. Was pretty shaken up seeing how badly the main guy was messed up.

You don't mess with things under pressure. Some of the scariest warning labels I've ever seen were on a concrete pump. All sorts of pressure related amputation warnings. Boiled down if you're standing next to this flange when it let's go it'll cut you in half.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Waiting for the Democrats to propose common sense guacamole machine reform. If it saves just one life....

Think of the number of millennials we could save from the dreaded "avocado hand" injuries if we just banned knives...or avocados.

You don't mess with things under pressure. Some of the scariest warning labels I've ever seen were on a concrete pump. All sorts of pressure related amputation warnings. Boiled down if you're standing next to this flange when it let's go it'll cut you in half.

The really high pressure hydraulic/fuel ones are the spooky ones to me. Pressure so high you won't even see it. Can cut through you like nothing, or even worse get under your skin and make your hand swell up like a balloon before it dies.

fixed for accuracy

Rest in pico

...too far?

Users who are viewing this thread