1/4 times w/ catback and CAI

Grey03

Established Member
Just wanted to see what people are getting with only those mods. I wanted to see if I was in line with what they are getting.

thanks

doubleblack

Established Member
Nice 1/4 time. I'm thinking about the Dynomax cat-back as well. Couple q's:

Have you dynod w/ your mods?

Do you know how the sound compares to the usual Bassani and Magnaflow set-ups?

Grey03

Established Member
I haven't dynoed my car, but it was a great improvement over stock. Sound is more mellow than Bassani or Magnaflow but still sounds much better than stock. It had a slight drone at highway speeds when new but has seemed to go away or I got used to it. LOL but I would recommend it to anyone, the tips look like stock, matter of fact I had people who thought it was stock until they looked under it, and realized how much bigger the pipes were.

Last edited:

doubleblack

Established Member
where's a good place to get them...how much? I'm seriously considering one over a Magnaflow if I can get one cheaper. What are your impressions of the sound at WOT.

Grey03

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys. Doubleblack I got mine at Jegs, I live in central ohio and they had it in stock. The price is around $360, about the same as a magnaflow. The sound at WOT is excellent, but with the Steeda CAI the blower is so much louder that you only hear it, and not much exhaust noise. When I followed my wife driving it, it sounded great and I have had people at the track tell me it sounded good.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03
Just wanted to see what people are getting with only those mods. I wanted to see if I was in line with what they are getting.

thanks

Is the Dynomax chambered or straight through?

03CobraRed

Established Member
You guys really know how to drive at the track the best I could get was a 12.4 with all my mods and you guys only have a CAI and Cat back thats awesome.

65M03Snake

Established Member
My best run ever is in my sig, but that was a one time only run. The car regularly runs 12.50s if i can pull all the gears and the air is decent.

Oh and i love the power and sound of my flows, i know im in the minority here but i still love em!

Last edited:

Grey03

Established Member
Re: Re: 1/4 times w/ catback and CAI

Originally posted by caveman6666
Is the Dynomax chambered or straight through?

3" straight through.

mitch03

Established Member
You have some good times. Rigth in line with what I have run with JDM filter kit and Magnaflow catback. My best MPH is 114.08 and fastest time is 12.50 @ 112.63 with a 2.00 60ft. Ran last Tuesday, terrible air, very humid and ran 12.54, 12.58 and 12.60, but mph was down to 111. Everyone was down 2 to 4 mph.

Dr. Jamie Meyer

Why would you lift?
Established Member
Well, the reason I ask is that I feel the stock 03 and exhaust/CAI 03 likes to see 6500 rpm.
When pulley/chip are added, I've seen that 6000 rpm is more successful.

In my case, I lost a lot of torque with X-pipe and cat-back while picking up 20 rwhp (at peak). At the track, the car really shows the loss of torque, and the ET didn't show the 20 hp gain.

Next time, I'll be shifting at 6500 rpm with my pants on fire!

I am curious if other like-modded cars have the same taste for a higher rpm shift point?

Thanks,
Jamie

Grey03

Established Member
6100 is about right and I don't powershift either. I don't have the boost bypass and think that powershifting would more than likely cause the boost to bleed off, plus I don't want to break anything.

Users who are viewing this thread