1/2 mile trap speed improvement

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
Van I trapped at 149 mi per hr last year and want to at least get 150+ what would be needed? My mods in signature?

Fast Ford

Established Member
Van I trapped at 149 mi per hr last year and want to at least get 150+ what would be needed? My mods in signature?

What size pulley is on the TVS and what CAI are you running? Van is correct, you need to run 110 octane and have a 110 tune to support it. My first set-up on my 07 was an FRPP 2.3 TVS, 2.5 pulley, stock 08 balancer, FRPP twin 65mm TB and a FRPP 123mm CAI. Running on 110 octane and a tune the car was very consistent at 153 mph in the 1/2 mile.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
I didn't think I needed more hp to get 150 mph. But sounds like the coefficient of drag on the car is so much that I need more power to push through it? I will need bigger injectors as I'm at limit with stock I am running a 2.3 pulley with JLT 123mm intake and dyno at 630 rwhp. I thought maybe some areo would get me the 1 mph more

Last edited:

Fast Ford

Established Member
You could step up to a 56 lb injector with a plug and play fuel voltage booster or go ID725 or ID1000's to be more fuel safe.

Also your location due to the altitude may be holding you back if your running 1/2 miles in Colorado.

Van@RevanRacing

I didn't think I needed more hp to get 150 mph. But sounds like the coefficient of drag on the car is so much that I need more power to push through it? I will need bigger injectors as I'm at limit with stock I am running a 2.3 pulley with JLT 123mm intake and dyno at 630 rwhp. I thought maybe some areo would get me the 1 mph more

Try Using some Helitape and tape off the entire front end of the car and reduce the drag coefficient. we've been doing that for a number of years and it does help dramatically. You should be able to pick up that one MPH.

Users who are viewing this thread