09 MW Dragnight Shootout!!!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Okay folks, we come up something that will make Dragnight even more exciting! This year we will hold the second Mustang Week Dragnight Shootout. We will still be running our normal test-n-tune as always, but adding some spice to the night! Dragnight will begin at 3pm this year which gives us an extra 2 hours at the track as well!

The following classes are meant to be FUN! This is not a sanctioned event. We have put together these classes hoping to give those of you who feel the need for a bit more competition a chance to see how you stack up to other cars at Mustang Week! Again, this is for FUN and bragging rights. We don't want to spend the entire night with folks arguing about which class their car belongs in, so remember, the name of the game is to have some fun.

Registration will take place at the track (look for a separate tent) and will begin around 3:30 pm and end at 6:00 pm. At 6:30 pm the STREET CAR classes will go on a 30 minute cruise around the Darlington/Hartsville countryside. For those that choose to enter the STREET CAR class, be prepared to travel on both two-lane and four-lane roads at highway speeds. We will return just before 7:00 pm and get the Shootout started.

The cost to enter will be $10. The winner of each class will take a portion of whats taken in for that class. Second place will be rewarded as well. This is going to be heads-up racing. You lose, you are out. The details for how we are going to determine first round matchups is still being worked out.

Here are the classes (these are firm at this point). We'd love for you to post up if you are going to step up and enter. Tell us your name and what class you'll be entering. We'll be available to talk about the Shootout each day leading up to dragnight.

STREET CAR (Naturally Aspirated) qualifications
1. Daily driven
2. Must compete on DOT approved tires that can be driven on the street/highway.
3. Inspection Sticker (if applicable by State where car is registered)
4. Valid/current registration
5. Proof of insurance on the vehicle.
6. Stock ECM
7. EFI or Carb set up's
8. NO power adders (ie. Nitrous, supercharger, turbo)
9. No Transbrakes
10. Automatic and manually shifted trans only
11. Pump Gas only
12. No vehicles can be trailerd in.
13. All participants in this class will be required to go on the 20-30 minute cruise beginning at 6:30pm.
14. Once the cruise begins, no hoods will be allowed open. The only adjustment to the car that will be allowed will be a tire pressure adjustment.

STREET CAR (Power Adder) qualifications
1. Daily driven
2. Must compete on DOT approved tires that can be driven on the street/highway.
3. Valid Inspection Sticker (if applicable by State where car is registered)
4. Valid registration
5. Proof of insurance on the vehicle.
6. Stock ECM
7. EFI or Carb set up's
8. Power adder welcome
9. No Transbrakes
10. Automatic and manually shifted trans only
11. Pump Gas only
12. No vehicles can be trailerd in.
13. All participants in this class will be required to go on the 20-30 minute cruise beginning at 6:30pm.
14. Once the cruise begins, no hoods will be allowed open. The only adjustment to the car that will be allowed will be a tire pressure adjustment.

WEEKEND WARRIOR Qualifications
1. Vehicle that can be driven on the street (this class is intended for those cars that are typically trailered to the track and may/may not have valid license tags/registration
2. No Slick or DR that is taller than 28"
3. Power adders welcome
4. Aftermarket EFI acceptable
5. EFI or Carb set up's
6. Trans Brake accepted
7. Pump Gas or race fuel.
9. Fuel Cell permitted

ALL-OUT qualifications
1. Full Cage
2. Transbrake accepted
3. Single or Dual power adders accepted.
4. ALL SAFETY GEAR required of the car’s typical times must be utilized! (CHUTE if applicable, FULL fire retardant suit, fire extinguisher or suppression system, full 10-12 point cage, etc.)
5. This class is intended for individual and shop-owned cars that typically compete in a class such as an Outlaw class or something similar.

These are the same rules we had last year and nothing has changed at all. I deff know that Dustin is coming back to defend his title "NA street car" and I'm sure that Tony is also looking to defend his title as well which is Power Adder Street Car. Anyone wanting to give these guys a run for there title and some bragging rights? So who's game? Are you?

willdogg

hello
my name is william burnham and i planned to enter the street car N/A class.this should be fun.i didnt stay for it last year so i'm going to try this year.

SeankySnake

Established Member
Ill do the street car P/A for sure and the name is Trevor Myers

Cool! Thanks for stepping up to the plate. There is no need to post up to reserve a spot. Brad, myself and my wife and few friends will be there teching cars in on Drag Night, so just come by the tent and we will tech the vheicle in and that's it. There is no a limited amount of spots in this event. Looking forward to meeting ya!

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Ill be there in the power adder class.

If I trailor my car there and make the cruise is that ok?

And my inspection is not valid b/c Im just getting the car out the shop is that a problem?

SeankySnake

Established Member
Ill be there in the power adder class.

If I trailor my car there and make the cruise is that ok?

And my inspection is not valid b/c Im just getting the car out the shop is that a problem?

Why didn't you participate in this event last year? And I see that none of FastLane's customer's of any of their shop car's participated in the All Out class, what gives?:shrug:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Why didn't you participate in this event last year? And I see that none of FastLane's customer's of any of their shop car's participated in the All Out class, what gives?:shrug:

What are you talking about? We brought 7 cars that raced all night? We always have the stongest participation in the drag racing event.

Also fyi a sponsor cant enter the competition from what we thought. Remember its all for fun.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Shop cars can't enter the judged car show on Friday. Any car that wants to enter the Dragnight Shootout can be entered. The whole point of the shootout is to "hype" dragnight a bit and help attendance to grow. I personally would love to see the All-Out class full of heavy-hitting shop cars!

SeankySnake

Established Member
What are you talking about? We brought 7 cars that raced all night? We always have the stongest participation in the drag racing event.

Also fyi a sponsor cant enter the competition from what we thought. Remember its all for fun.

Yall may have raced all night but NOT IN THE ALL OUT CLASS, I can only remember seeing 2 cars with FastLanes windsheild decals enter the any of the classes, one of them was a 87-93 purple Fox that a girl was driving, but I can't recall 1 one other red 99-04 GT that "may" have compeated in any of the classes. So what you are saying if the "if" any vheicle that has a sponsor's logo on it makes it disqualified from competing in the classes? That can't be true at all. But I can see where that might confuse some. I know it is all for fun but from many of the people in the stands the biggest converstion was "FastLane brings all of these cars and maybe 1 makes a full pass" and they were like and couldn't understand why FastLane's display cars were everywhere at Drag Night and none of the 15+ cars participated either.:??: But we will have to see what happens this year.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member

Yall may have raced all night but NOT IN THE ALL OUT CLASS, I can only remember seeing 2 cars with FastLanes windsheild decals enter the any of the classes, one of them was a 87-93 purple Fox that a girl was driving, but I can't recall 1 one other red 99-04 GT that "may" have compeated in any of the classes. So what you are saying if the "if" any vheicle that has a sponsor's logo on it makes it disqualified from competing in the classes? That can't be true at all. But I can see where that might confuse some. I know it is all for fun but from many of the people in the stands the biggest converstion was "FastLane brings all of these cars and maybe 1 makes a full pass" and they were like and couldn't understand why FastLane's display cars were everywhere at Drag Night and none of the 15+ cars participated either.:??: But we will have to see what happens this year.

edit.

Last edited:

SeankySnake

Established Member
I see from your edit that you seem to irritated but that was not my intent. I'm just telling you what was on alot of attendies minds as well as mine. But as long as everyone has fun, that's what we are all there for anyway. See ya there.

Users who are viewing this thread