09 gt500 blower question

SerpentSVT

Established Member
hello everyone, my cousin's stepdad bought an 09 gt500 the other day and we were driving it around and noticed just how low of a wine those blowers have, well someone at the ford dealership said that if we took the battery terminals off and put them back on, the blower would scream, jus wondering if anyone has done this and noticed a difference, any feedback is helpful, thanks!

rdsnk46

Established Member
B.S.! There is speculation of cars not making full boost until xxxx amount of miles on the odometer. I made 8psi with 11 miles test driving my car before I bought it. Anyone care to add info of supposed comp controll. The reason it doesn't make a loud whine is because you havn't changed the pulley yet! LOL!

SerpentSVT

Established Member
yea i think thats the first step he's gonna take, i dont really remember how much boost it made while we drove it, but at idle it made like 4 lbs, lol its a very big step down from his 03 cobra kb, but ive heard the gt500's have a lot more potential

SerpentSVT

Established Member
yea the boost guage read about 4 1/2 steady at idle, he may have tapped the gas once or twice but we were looking at the guage color feature, and trying to set the color he wanted, and we noticed that

rdsnk46

Established Member
yea i think thats the first step he's gonna take, i dont really remember how much boost it made while we drove it, but at idle it made like 4 lbs, lol its a very big step down from his 03 cobra kb, but ive heard the gt500's have a lot more potential
Tell him to put a KB on his GT500 then compare! LOL! I was really impressed how my car responded to CAI, pulley and tune! Hope he enjoys it!:coolman:

SerpentSVT

Established Member
yea he say he wont be putting anything on it for a while, but best believe we'll be trying to change that lol, he bought his 03 cobra in 05, it had 9,000 miles on it, he said the same thing, and within about 3-6 months it had a kb 2.6 and many other mods too many to list

SerpentSVT

Established Member
yea same way with this one, they say the blowers dont kick in until about 10 miles, he got this one with i believe 39 miles on it, it came from hartselle al., and we're located in tuscumbia al.

ttk53

Established Member
how are they not making boost, is the boost bypas electronic?

ant if it was sitting at idle at 4lbs something is wrong

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
That is some serious revs to get 4lbs of boost!
Keep that up and he'll be getting a new motor.

Users who are viewing this thread