08 GT PINGING NOISD

josh94

Hello, need some advice on this noise i am hearing when my 4.6 is under load. I just installed a JLT Series 3 CAI along with a bama 87 octane tune. Already took care of all the maintenance stuff such as spark plugs, fuel filter..ect. I tried seafoam and filling the car with 2 tanks of 93 octane and the noise still has not went away. The noise i am hearing is a fast clicking sound usually during the initial pull in 3rd gear which i believe to be detonation (only happens under hard acceleration). The attached video you will hear right in the third gear pull a fast clicking sound that goes away after a second. Any advice would be great! thanks

nxhappy

Established Member
cant hear shit. usually a light tick is going to be a exhaust leak. 93 would for sure stock pinging on a small tune like that. If you have aftermarket exhaust check all connections ...

josh94

The car has aftermarket axle backs and I checked everything exhaust related nothing is loose. The car does not make the noise I am hearing with the stock tune/air intake. It actually sounds like a Tambourine being shaken rapidly for a second. Going to try and get a better video tomorrow.

josh94

Here is another video of the noise i am hearing, This is on an 89 octane tune that bama sent. i have been back on the stock tune because i don't want to damage my engine. me.

Users who are viewing this thread