07 GT500 trip pics

89 az ssp

F-16 Crew Chief
Established Member
A friend of mine is moving to Kansas (McConnell AFB) from Vegas. He asked me to drive his GT500 there for him since he has a new born and he didn't want to drive seperate from his wife.
So of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to drive a 500HP car through Utah into Denver and then onto Witchita.

It took 19.5 hrs, 1280 miles, 59 gallons of gas, averaged 21.5 mpg, and avg of 47 mph.

The car has 63K miles on it and it drove like a dream. I haven't spent that much time in the newer S197 cars, so this trip made me realize how far Ford has come since the old fox bodies.
Job well done. Now, I just might be convinced to get me a new '13 Shelby.

We had to do some photos at the Shelby Museum and the Tbird hangar before I departed.

untitled-63.jpg

untitled-47.jpg

untitled-74.jpg

untitled-36.jpg

untitled-84.jpg

untitled-129.jpg

untitled-179.jpg

untitled-93.jpg

untitled-1332.jpg

He is a AGE guy so we had to get in a shot with the -60 :D

untitled-145.jpg

Last edited:

89 az ssp

F-16 Crew Chief
Established Member
The trip was great. I only had to talk to 1 State Trooper and that was in Utah. I was caught doing 87-75. He ticketed me for only 9 over so I guess that wasn't too bad.

I got to see a old friend in Denver and we went to the Ryan Bingham concert so it was a great night.

If you like my photos please go and like my page.

Shue's Photography | Facebook

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Looks like a fun trip. Great photo's of a nice car and great scenic spots in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread