07' cvpi help

dairyair302

Established Member
I'm doing a vortech v-2 s trim on my car, I have the full kit off my 03' gt. I got a walbro 255lph inline pump and relay/ wiring kit, but not sure where the best place to put it would be?
I haven't had a chance to crawl under the car to look to see where some soft line is due to the snow/ice and it's cold, any suggestions from the marauder guys would be appreciated!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm doing a vortech v-2 s trim on my car, I have the full kit off my 03' gt. I got a walbro 255lph inline pump and relay/ wiring kit, but not sure where the best place to put it would be?
I haven't had a chance to crawl under the car to look to see where some soft line is due to the snow/ice and it's cold, any suggestions from the marauder guys would be appreciated!

Why a 255lph inline?

Do like I did for my eaton swap, get an aeromotive 340lph in tank pump, it supports up to 475rwhp without a boost a pump. Thats more than the threshold of safe power on a stock longblock 2v.

They aren't expensive either, I got mine for like 100 bucks on ebay.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I don't wanna drop the tank, heard nightmares getting them back in. Plus I already have it in my hand.

You don't have to drop the tank, you can pull the hat out with the tank still in the car. Just make sure you drain it as much as you can or you'll be taking a gas bath.

dairyair302

Established Member
regardless I'm not doing a in tank pump, I'm aware of the benefit of doing the in tank but it's not happening. So back to the original question, is there any soft line that can be utilized to put an inline pump. I'm only doing a 350 whp tune Seens how it's my wife's dd so there is no need for a big in tank pump.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I don't know of any soft line on the entire length of the car where you could mount that. You might as well put a boost a pump on the stock pump and hope for the best, or cut the hard line.

musclemerc

Established Member
Why a 255lph inline?

Do like I did for my eaton swap, get an aeromotive 340lph in tank pump, it supports up to 475rwhp without a boost a pump. Thats more than the threshold of safe power on a stock longblock 2v.

They aren't expensive either, I got mine for like 100 bucks on ebay.

I want to follow up with you on the Aeromotive 340LPH pump. I don't think they're all that. It seems everyone running 3.0 uppers have to do a pully swap because they hit the ceiling for FPDC. Blackened300a has one and he's in the low 400HP range and had to swap pully's. Your also in the low 400HP range what's your FPDC at 439HP? I think it's safe to say the 340 pump is good for 9lbs of boost and low 400hp not the 475 your claiming
http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13191

I'm running a BAP and a GT pump and haven't come close to hitting the ceiling for FPDC and I'm running a 3.0 upper

Last edited:

dairyair302

Established Member
In my Mustang it made 412 whp on a single 255lph in tank pump. I should have no problem with the inline as a helper.
And I'm using the same sc kit.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I want to follow up with you on the Aeromotive 340LPH pump. I don't think they're all that. It seems everyone running 3.0 uppers have to do a pully swap because they hit the ceiling for FPDC. Blackened300a has one and he's in the low 400HP range and had to swap pully's. Your also in the low 400HP range what's your FPDC at 439HP? I think it's safe to say the 340 pump is good for 9lbs of boost and low 400hp not the 475 your claiming
Trilogy 171 rattle? - Motor City Marauders

I'm running a BAP and a GT pump and haven't come close to hitting the ceiling for FPDC and I'm running a 3.0 upper

I don't know what mine is at since I never ran into any fuel issues with my setup, I would datalog it for comparison sake but its currently locked away for the winter. Paul is currently at 450rwhp, with the 3.0 pulley he was at 477rwhp with 100% FPDC, so he went back to the 3.4. I thought I heard 475 from a very well known someone in our community, but I could be wrong. I'm also not going to try and shoot for 475 because I don't want the vented longblock mod.

I was happy not having to buy a 300 dollar FGT pump and a 250 dollar BAP to do the job that my 100 dollar aero 340 is doing right now. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread