07-10 California guys with Trinity TVS...need some input

nrmustang

Established Member
Hi guys,

I just bought a used '13 Trinity TVS for my 2009 that I'm having BPS port w/their elbow, 5.8 removal & powdercoat.

Here's my question - how many of you here in Cali or any other 91 octane state are running the stock 2.67 pulley? If so, any issues? The reason I ask, is that my tuner (well known A+ tuner, who will remain nameless) wants me to go BIGGER, like a 2.75 or 2.8 VMP pulley.

And of course my initial feelings are:
1. For less than 1 psi difference, do I need to spend the money?
2. Like everyone else, I want the SAFEST yet most power. But I'm stuck between 3 different tuner/shops opinions. One says no need to change, one says change, and one can go either way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

nrmustang

Established Member
Why risk it for 20-ish more hp on the dyno?

Do you race the car?

Believe me, I'm not wanting t "risk it". But as I asked, I'd like those Trinity guys to let me know if there's any issues with them running the stock pulley.

You said 20ish HP, I'm asking about LESS than 1 psi.

Snoopy49

Established Member
You should consider removing the 5.8 from the top of the SC. At least one person from California had a problem passing the visual during his smog inspection.

nxhappy

Established Member
lol that smog was me, I am in Fresno.

I have a 2.4 upper. I run conservative timing, and use Torco. No issues at all. Currently 16lbs of boost with H pipe. It's the heat that is the killer. That's why you need the dual fan heat exchanger.

nrmustang

Established Member
lol that smog was me, I am in Fresno.

I have a 2.4 upper. I run conservative timing, and use Torco. No issues at all. Currently 16lbs of boost with H pipe. It's the heat that is the killer. That's why you need the dual fan heat exchanger.

Ok, so do you run torco on every tank? Do you have the dual fan H/E? Who tuned your setup?

I would like to run pump fuel, and I do have a Steeda dual fan H/E on the way. Obviously I'm only looking at keeping the 2.67 pulley, not going any smaller.

Also, what H? Catted? I'm somewhat considering a off-road H.

nxhappy

Established Member
Ok, so do you run torco on every tank? Do you have the dual fan H/E? Who tuned your setup?

I would like to run pump fuel, and I do have a Steeda dual fan H/E on the way. Obviously I'm only looking at keeping the 2.67 pulley, not going any smaller.

Also, what H? Catted? I'm somewhat considering a off-road H.

Yes I use Torco in every tank. It's good insurance with ANY pulley and the TVS. You just don't know what you are getting at the pump. I am running the c&r dual fan HE, 170 tstat, and large 3x IC tank.

For the cats, get rid of them. The cats can clog, boost builds up, and bye bye motor. The catless pipe will free up the system and drop a little boost pressure. But you will still gain some power. I am running a VMP tune.

nrmustang

Established Member
What fuel mods are you going to do?

Per my tuner, I have FRPP 60lb injectors.

Total mods are
1. BPS ported Trinity w/their elbow
2. FRPP 60lb injectors
3. FRPP CJ65 TB
4. JLT 127mm
5. Steeda triple pass dual fan H/E w/3X stock look reservoir

My tuner says no ther fuel mods needed...

Last edited:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
You should be fine on pump gas with correct timing. Watch your FPDC to make sure your pumps aren't maxed.

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
When I first bought the Tvs, I ordered it with a tune to go with it & the tuner recommend the bap since I was at sea level, where boost was going to be a little higher. So you could say it's for insurance & he also said to leave the stock pulley cause of the 91 octane. Borelli Motorsports tuned it again after I did the 13-14 injectors & bigger cj 123 cai. They also said not to go with a smaller pulley.

nrmustang

Established Member
see, this is what I'm getting at. Can a Trinity TVS work in California with the stock 2.67 pulley and 91? Thanks Bravo.

Just going to a 2.754 pulley for $200- YES $200- feels a bit annoying if its not necessary. The problem is, my tuner is considered one of the best on the west coast, and did wonders for my ported Terminator. I trust him, but I'm not made out of money. I don't want to argue with him, or tick him off.

But by the time I get this TVS setup, I could've had a VMP Gen 2!

Users who are viewing this thread