'06 Vette...625hp...$100k

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
I believe the English have a word...The (GT) has become... redundant...

Other than being a die hard Ford guy...why would you spend an extra $50K for a car,at least to to dinosaur like me...looks like a so-so remake of a not very good looking 60's car...sorry...

The vette will be 427 small block w/BLOWER.....torque anyone.
Oh yes..projected weight...2900lbs.

Talk about stealing the thunder...ain't competition GREAT!!!!

Aaron_01

Banned
WHy would you spend the extra $50,000? one word HERITAGE. The GT has as much Heritage than the Corvette. Maybe not as much as in terms of Americana but in the racing world....

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
You're right...

Originally posted by Aaron_01
WHy would you spend the extra $50,000? one word HERITAGE. The GT has as much Heritage than the Corvette. Maybe not as much as in terms of Americana but in the racing world....

How stupid of me to let..PRACTICAL...considerations....take preceedance over something as ..TANGIBLE..as HERITAGE...

50K..for Heritage...I wish I had your $$$$$

P.S Ever notice how much a Grand Sport Corvette brings at auction...not exactly lacking in provenance...

Paul Vincent

Established Member
The GT was the first and is still the only American manufacturer's car ever that won the open class at LeMans.That it did so in style (year after year, first, second, third, more miles traveled than ever before) only adds to the allure of having the GT. As for the Vette, this week's issue of AutoWeek indicates that as of yet the "Blue Devil" may be nothing more than talk. As for the BD's projected weight of 2900 lbs, I'll believe it when I see it. Why? The Mercedes SLR comes in 800 lbs. heavier despite extensive use of carbon fiber and costs $450,000. The Enzo is 3008 lbs. despite having extensive use of carbon fiber and a N.A. engine, and it is priced at over $600,000. Porsche's Carrera GT has a N.A. 5.7 liter engine, extensive use of carbon fiber, weighs 3043 lbs., and costs $440,000. So, unless Chevy plans to have a "race only" stripper version "Blue Devil", I don't see them coming anywhere near 2900 lbs for its production weight. As for stealing the GT's thunder, try getting GM to have ANY of its models win the open class at LeMans...just once -- before you write such nonsense. Finally, why would anybody who's interested in buying the GT care at all what you think? Perhaps they'll take into consideration that your type won't own a GT, and for them that will make having the GT a must.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Originally posted by Paul Vincent
The GT was the first and is still the only American manufacturer's car ever that won the open class at LeMans.That it did so in style (year after year, first, second, third, more miles traveled than ever before) only adds to the allure of having the GT. As for the Vette, this week's issue of AutoWeek indicates that as of yet the "Blue Devil" may be nothing more than talk. As for the BD's projected weight of 2900 lbs, I'll believe it when I see it. Why? The Mercedes SLR comes in 800 lbs. heavier despite extensive use of carbon fiber and costs $450,000. The Enzo is 3008 lbs. despite having extensive use of carbon fiber and a N.A. engine, and it is priced at over $600,000. Porsche's Carrera GT has a N.A. 5.7 liter engine, extensive use of carbon fiber, weighs 3043 lbs., and costs $440,000. So, unless Chevy plans to have a "race only" stripper version "Blue Devil", I don't see them coming anywhere near 2900 lbs for its production weight. As for stealing the GT's thunder, try getting GM to have ANY of its models win the open class at LeMans...just once -- before you write such nonsense. Finally, why would anybody who's interested in buying the GT care at all what you think? Perhaps they'll take into consideration that your type won't own a GT, and for them that will make having the GT a must.
Very well said.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'll believe this just about as much as GM's other power houses such as the SSR, Silverado SS, and other GREAT concepts

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
......your type.......

Y-O-U-R T-Y-P-E!!!

And what exactly...is MY TYPE????

I was not aware I was in the presence of what.. ROYALTY???

You pompous twit...where do you get off casting aspersions...just because I questioned the LOGIC of buying an... INFERIOR....car?

Hey genius...the vette starts at about 3100lbs. ..ever hear of carbon-fiber??? It is moronic to compare this car to Enzo's & Porsche GT's...they are completely different to begin with; and even if its 3000lbs...what about 427 cubic inches & the extra $50K you have left over to MODIFY the vette?? Ever hear of 4 valve heads...not to much R&D done on small blocks...nah...

My point...if you can take the Blue Oval out of your rectum...is there is NOTHING wrong with the GT...I believe on this very forum there are complaints about the excessively high price of it ....just that...IF.. GM makes this car...stock for stock..in the unlikely event you come across one...IT IS GOING TO BLOW YOUR DOORS OFF...& all the heritage in the world isn't going to make up for that sinking feeling knowing a mere corvette is...disappearing into the night..driven by someone of... MY TYPE!!!

Now go spread some Gray Poupon...

Koolaid_Guy

Originally posted by Joe King
......your type.......

Y-O-U-R T-Y-P-E!!!

You pompous twit...where do you get off casting aspersions...just because I questioned the LOGIC of buying an... INFERIOR....car?

Hey genius...the vette starts at about 3100lbs. ..ever hear of carbon-fiber??? It is moronic to compare this car to Enzo's & Porsche GT's...they are completely different to begin with; and even if its 3000lbs...what about 427 cubic inches & the extra $50K you have left over to MODIFY the vette?? Ever hear of 4 valve heads...not to much R&D done on small blocks...nah...

My point...if you can take the Blue Oval out of your rectum...is there is NOTHING wrong with the GT...I believe on this very forum there are complaints about the excessively high price of it ....just that...IF.. GM makes this car...stock for stock..in the unlikely event you come across one...IT IS GOING TO BLOW YOUR DOORS OFF...& all the heritage in the world isn't going to make up for that sinking feeling knowing a mere corvette is...disappearing into the night..driven by someone of... MY TYPE!!!

I will believe this super vette when i see it if gm has the balls to make it, look at what's been coming out lately.The ssr is a huge pig with no balls what so ever and it's super fugly.The Silverado SS performance truck, another stupid GM vehicle more expensive then a lightning,handles and goes worse then a L, heavier then an L.The GTO way to give us a complete knock of the Monaro GM, it must been a hard job just slappin the gto badge on a car being made for years in australia.GM these days is all talk, to bad the cts-v is super ugly to and a crappy ass interior, it seems pretty cool.
Gm has absoulty no clue what thier doing now, the corvette is everywhere now, The GT is going to be a very special low production vehicle made of very well made materials,forst time technology, and lots of r&d in the design etc... It goes like all hell and handles like a dream.The extra 50k who cares, i would buy it.For the name it's heritage,it power, parts, looks etc.. 100K for a corvette sounds ****ing dumb to if you ask me.The extra 50 K for like an extra 120Hp and some carbon fiber :rolleyes:

You say the new GT is ugly, buddy get your eyes checked.You see the vette, it's not pretty either.To me it looks like a rip off the early 90's vette's.This car actually is a good rendition of the old one and it looks the way it does b/c mauybe it serves a purpose, it's a race car reborn as a street legal racer.Like you don't have to like it but the GT will sure atract more attetion then a regular old vette.Oh Yah OMG a blower on it, OMG Gm using a blower to make power, by god what it the world coming to, could they not make 600+ HP N/A. Now the gm tards can't bitch that gm never uses a blower to make power, thier super corvette is :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron_01

Banned

I dont know how far off it would be, stock C6 weight should be 3,100 pounds. 200 lbs isnt hard to shave off. It wont need sound deadening, power seats, or some of the luxuries that come with the Vette that just add weight. I think it could be done easily

Aaron_01

Banned
......your type.......

Y-O-U-R T-Y-P-E!!!

Hey buddy, this isnt smackdown. You dont need to go flaming him, you gave your opinion and he gave his. If you dont like what he said take it to smackdown or take it up in PMs

1BadKB03

Established Member
All speed and performance smack talk aside while your Ford GT may be whoever's Ferrari, Lambroghini, or Mercedes. When it's all said and done at the end of the day. You have a Ford and he has a Ferrari

Aaron_01

Banned
......your type.......

Y-O-U-R T-Y-P-E!!!

If you have been paying attention to the GT forum you would know that the stock motor (5.4L, 330ci, DOHC) will be very stout. It has 4 bolt cross bolted mains, a crank as thick as your head and forged rods and pistons. We've seen what Ford/SVT can do with the 03Cobra's motor, so why should we suspect less from the GT.
Keep in mind its still Pre-Production, that means that if the "Blue Devil" does turn out to be a production car. Ford can do a little bit of tweaking to lessen the gap.
While yes the Blue Devil does have a larger motor than the GT, the GT has a far superior DOHC setup versus the LS2/LS7's OHV. The DOHC will flow more air creating more power. If we've learned anything from the Supra it is that technology does make up for displacement.
We still have yet to see a very succesful supercharged GM vehicle. There is the Monte Carlo SS and Impala SS, both vehicles due to their substantial lack of power dont deserve the Super Sport title. So how are we to know the success of a supercharged GM vehichle based on the predocessors.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Joe King, Your type is: a name calling blowhard who thinks he's something special. Don't dare come on SVTPerformance with your insulting drivel and expect to receive respect. Your speculating about a GM fantasy vehicle merits little attention, yet it deserves needed correction; in addition, your anal obsession calls for serious psychological counseling. As for... the mere corvette ...disappearing into the night..., maybe if Cosworth also builds this "Chevy" engine that might happen; otherwise, expect the worst. You'll get it. By the way, I do hope GM takes up the challenge. Remember, first they must win open class at LeMans. Then, they market their champion for the masses. Want to bet they don't set the price at $100,000?
p.s Yes, I've heard of four valve heads. You Chevy types once had a Vette that sported them. Foolishly, your type threatened Chevy into replacing it with two valve (push rod) heads...giving up ten years in the process but keeping true to the Vette's heritage (you know, creating the Bionic Man but replacing his high tech heart with Barney Clark's ...it's gonna run outta, outta, outta, bbb...breath). Pfewoohee! Gotta get some oxygen!!!

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Originally posted by Kool_ZX3
I will believe this super vette when i see it if gm has the balls to make it, look at what's been coming out lately.The ssr is a huge pig with no balls what so ever and it's super fugly.The Silverado SS performance truck, another stupid GM vehicle more expensive then a lightning,handles and goes worse then a L, heavier then an L.The GTO way to give us a complete knock of the Monaro GM, it must been a hard job just slappin the gto badge on a car being made for years in australia.GM these days is all talk, to bad the cts-v is super ugly to and a crappy ass interior, it seems pretty cool.
Gm has absoulty no clue what thier doing now, the corvette is everywhere now, The GT is going to be a very special low production vehicle made of very well made materials,forst time technology, and lots of r&d in the design etc... It goes like all hell and handles like a dream.The extra 50k who cares, i would buy it.For the name it's heritage,it power, parts, looks etc.. 100K for a corvette sounds ****ing dumb to if you ask me.The extra 50 K for like an extra 120Hp and some carbon fiber :rolleyes:

You say the new GT is ugly, buddy get your eyes checked.You see the vette, it's not pretty either.To me it looks like a rip off the early 90's vette's.This car actually is a good rendition of the old one and it looks the way it does b/c mauybe it serves a purpose, it's a race car reborn as a street legal racer.Like you don't have to like it but the GT will sure atract more attetion then a regular old vette.Oh Yah OMG a blower on it, OMG Gm using a blower to make power, by god what it the world coming to, could they not make 600+ HP N/A. Now the gm tards can't bitch that gm never uses a blower to make power, thier super corvette is :lol:

Kool

Thanks for adding some well thought calmness to this thread...

First...I am NO fan of GM..I have said the only thing that keeps them in business..is momentum & P/U trucks.. You will notice I own a Cobra...NOT.. a Corvette....it wasn't by mistake.

I did not say the GT was ugly...only...that was just a so-so (derivative) copy of a not particularly good looking 35 year old car. I never implied ANY corvette is better looking. I like the GT (mechanically) & judging by the Cobra's potential...there will no doubt be...MANY...700HP GT's.

If in the ..UNLIKELY..event that GM actually does make this vette...I think it is safe to assume to justify $100k..they will have to make it look different (ala Callaway?)

I don't think Ford has an exclusive on Blower technology...& who cares WHY... GM chooses to use a blower...I'm only interested in the OUTCOME...

Kevin..

No..You are mistaken...Mr. Vincent first attempted to "TYPE" me...that is casting an aspersion. His haughty reply was quite belligerent..& I responded in kind.

Last edited:

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Let me do some ..splaining

I guess my 3rd grade teacher was prophetic when she said "I didn't play well with other children"..Look where it has led me too..arguing with total strangers over a keyboard....sad...

First...

To all (except PV) I apologize for my lack of civilty. The moniker is JoeKing...I mean no offense..usually..

Second..

I am no GM guy..I AM..however...open-minded enough to buy whatever I think is the BEST..whoever makes it. Hell, I NEVER thought I would own a Mustang...but Ford got their popo together & now I own it...
I don't put much stock into heritage..& if the crucible for purchasing a super-car is LeMans victories...HELLO...Porsche has ...16....Ferrari has 5 (& minor F1 success...if I'm not mistaken) & even Jaguar has 6...(remember the XJ220...how sad).

As far as Ford's glorious victories at LeMans..who were they racing..Ferrari?..In 1966 Ferrari were little more than a bunch of disorganized good old boys. Ford's LeMans budget was greater than Ferrari's yearly turnover. Ferrari was as well prepared to defend against the might of American Industrial force ...as the residents of Hiroshima...against the Enola Gay. I think Ford has found it a litttle tougher today in F1. And, if they attempted a return to LeMans..I think Audi might prove a worthy adversary...

So please lets not get into an exercise 35 years ago by a vengeful ego-maniac (the Deuce) & a new car that shares nothing in common (parts wise) & is designed by NOT 1 of the original engineering team.. I believe the ..RECENT...racing successes of the C5R are much more germane to this discussion.

And Lastly..

Mr. Paul Vincent...I do hope you get over yourself...someday. I think of the line in the Burt Reynold's movie when he is introduced to someone & says..."I may have just met you...but I have disliked you all of my life"...

Last edited:

Aaron_01

Banned
Re: Let me do some ..splaining

I don't put much stock into heritage..& if the crucible for purchasing a super-car is LeMans victories...HELLO...Porsche has ...16....Ferrari has 5 (& minor F1 success...if I'm not mistaken) & even Jaguar has 6...(remember the XJ220...how sad).

What your not understanding is that its not the company that won the championships, it was the car. You cant buy the cars that Porsche, Ferrari and Jaguar won the LeMans in. But you can buy the GT(40). Thats why in 1998 Dodge produced the Viper GTS-R, to celebrate their success at LeMans. How much did it cost? $200,000 and they sold every one of them. Why? Some peopl take alot of stock into heritage and race blood. Others, like you, dont care

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Re: Re: Let me do some ..splaining

Originally posted by Aaron_01
What your not understanding is that its not the company that won the championships, it was the car. You cant buy the cars that Porsche, Ferrari and Jaguar won the LeMans in. But you can buy the GT(40). Thats why in 1998 Dodge produced the Viper GTS-R, to celebrate their success at LeMans. How much did it cost? $200,000 and they sold every one of them. Why? Some peopl take alot of stock into heritage and race blood. Others, like you, dont care

Aaron

I think you just made MY point. The "Blue Devil" vette...is(will be) the street iteration of the successful (at LeMans) C5R (as the GTS-R was)...with ITS... heritage.

It will probably be much closer to a replica of the original..than the GT will be of the 35 year old Lola. Neither had blowers...who cares? What parts commonality do you think there will be between the GT's??

Heritage is fine..I'm just not willing to PAY for it..or let it blind me to the actual PERFORMANCE of a car. To talk about Ford's racing heritage (especially at LeMans) is a bit thin...what about the last 30 years...To speak about racing heritage & Ford really does an injustice to Ferrari & Porsche. Ford ONLY did it for $$$$ (& vengenance)...the others for passion..and technological transfer...ever drive a '72 Ford?

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Joe King, You Typed yourself, and here's the evidence: 1. The (GT) has become ....redundant... 2. Other than being a die hard Ford guy... why would you spend an extra $50K for a car, at least to to dinosaur like me looks like a so-so remake of a not very good looking 60's car...sorry...
So, it is clear that you have the complex, and that it is YOU who needs to get over yourself. As for your "haughty response" comment; since when is the stating of facts haughty?

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
[. Finally, why would anybody who's interested in buying the GT care at all what you think? Perhaps they'll take into consideration that your type won't own a GT, and for them that will make having the GT a must. [/B]

Dear Paul

I draw your attention to the above...is this not a haughty response? What facts are these? Are you always so pleasant?

As far as facts ..you obviously choose to avoid the ZO6's 3100 lb. weight & are hell-bent to prove your ignorance to this fact by obfuscating it with useless "drivel". My only "complex" is with stubborn ignorance...My degree in Psychology is from USC...where is yours from???

If all you can add to this thread are ad hominum attacks..why not start you own thread...."Joe King is a a$$hole" (I'd relish the opportunity to eat your lunch)...I started this one so say something constructive or take a hike..

Users who are viewing this thread