06 Mustang GT with GT500 Drivetrain

bigpappy33

Just a GT
Established Member
Feeler: 06 GT with 08 GT500 Drivetrain

Thinking of selling my 2006 Mustang GT with a 2008 GT500 Drivetrain. Car has about 46K on the body while the drivetrain has ~16K miles reading on the cluster. This car is my baby and has been extensively modified on top of the drivetrain swap. The car also was featured in 5.0 Magazine last June. The swap included everything from the computer to the body harness to the smart junction box from the GT500, and it is basically a full fledged shelby in GT clothes. It made 566 at the wheels on VMPs dynojet and ran a best of 11.17 @ 126 at the track. This was with the 20s up front, I have a full set of racestars now that I can potentially include with the sale.

I am not dying to sell it as it is paid off, but the right price can convince me. Considering that 07-09 GT500s are well in the 30s, I wouldn't expect to sell it for near that. But something in the high 20s seems reasonable for what the car is. Here is a mod list and some pictures. PM me if you are interested.

irroushedit22.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

ALEX_50.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

2006 Mustang GT
Black with Crimson Leather
2008 GT500 5.4L DOHC 32V V8
TR-6060 6-Speed
JLT Carbon Fiber Intake
VMP 2.59" "Stock Look" Pulley and Tune
L&M Ported Inlet
Borla Stingers Axle Backs
Lethal O/R X-pipe
AFCO Heat Exchanger
The Driveshaft Shop 3.5” Aluminum Driveshaft
Mcleod RXT Clutch with Lightened Steel Driveshaft
Black JLT Oil Separators
JLT CF Fuse Box Cover
3.73 FRPP Gears
Aeroforce Interceptor / Cobalt Boost Gauge / Innovate LC-1 Wideband
SOS Gauge Pod
MGW Short-Throw Shifter
Eibach Lowering Springs
Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks/Struts
Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates
BMR Adjustable Panhard Rod
BMR Billet Lower Control Arms
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars
CHE K Member Brace with Torque Limiters
GT500 14" Brembo Brakes with Baer 2-piece rotors
Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines
20" MRR GT-1s with Nitto 555R 305/35/20 Rear, Dunlop Direzzas 255/35/20 Front
Kaenen 3" Cowl Hood
Roush Front Bumper with Chin Spoiler
2010 Painted Side Mirrors
Black Side Markers
GT500 Rear Spoiler
Stack Racing 9 Bar Black Billet Grille
Tinted Tail Lights
BBR Smoked Headlights
6000K HIDS Highs/Low/Fogs
1966 "GT" Side Badges
Blacked out Faux Gas Cap
GT500 Steering Wheel, E-brake, Pedals, Shift Boot, Dash, and Ambient Lighting System
Pioneer Avic-D3
Silverhorse Racing A/C Knobs
Red Interior LEDs

Last edited:

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Does the pedal assembly still shake when you shift?

bigpappy33

Just a GT
Established Member
Does the pedal assembly still shake when you shift?

lol no it wasn't shaking, just had some play in between the sensor to the brake lights and the pedal. I fixed that about a year ago, doesn't light up from the force when stomping the clutch any more. Only when you brake :rockon:

Last edited:

bigpappy33

Just a GT
Established Member
Figured I'd add interior pics, the interior LEDs were all converted to red. Also I have an older pic of the interior, the A/C vents have since been painted black, and the dash is no longer silver, it is a GT500 dark grey patterned one. The leather dash, steering wheel, shift boot, center console cover, pedals, and ebrake were all from the Shelby. Car also has the ambient lighting package from the Shelby.

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

alexinside50.jpg

new dash
dash.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

One more of the motor
IMG_1615.jpg

and one more of the car
IMG_2781.jpg

and here is the 5.0 Mustang Article on it

2006 5.4-Liter Ford Mustang GT - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Monster Mach

Established Member
i wish i had the money... you car is the background of my phone... my favorite mustang ever built.. glws and congrats to the future buyer

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Who would do that take an 06 GT and downgrade to a GT500 drivetrain? Then I realized it is a mustang gt.

To your question, high 20's when 07/08 GT500's are in the low 30's? Ill spend a few k more and get the gt500. You have a great car but you will never see the money back from your mods.

bigpappy33

Just a GT
Established Member
Who would do that take an 06 GT and downgrade to a GT500 drivetrain? Then I realized it is a mustang gt.

To your question, high 20's when 07/08 GT500's are in the low 30's? Ill spend a few k more and get the gt500. You have a great car but you will never see the money back from your mods.

Thanks for your opinion man. Enjoy spending thousands more after you get the GT500 to equal all the other mods this car has. The you're talking high 30s for an equally equipped car. The only true difference between this car and a GT500 are the bumpers, seats, and a VIN. Take a look at the mod list and do the math. Like I said I'm not hurting to sell it and can wait a while for the right offer. This is the only site I have it listed so far.

If you don't have anything to offer to the thread or aren't interested in the car I suggest you go have a look in the GT500 section for what you are looking for.

Last edited:

mylilpony71

Established Member
I'm lost or words. GLWS amazing car. This is the perfect car for someone wanting gt500 performance for a fraction of the price. If I could I would buy this in a heart beat.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Thanks for your opinion man. Enjoy spending thousands more after you get the GT500 to equal all the other mods this car has. The you're talking high 30s for an equally equipped car. The only true difference between this car and a GT500 are the bumpers, seats, and a VIN. Take a look at the mod list and do the math. Like I said I'm not hurting to sell it and can wait a while for the right offer. This is the only site I have it listed so far.

If you don't have anything to offer to the thread or aren't interested in the car I suggest you go have a look in the GT500 section for what you are looking for.

i can see both sides man. it is a truely unique one of a kind gt but the vin will never show that so to some people that is a turn off. also i agree that he car has mods that cant be beat for the price! so i can see both sides. not sure a 46k mile gt500 would be high 30s though even with the mods. just wait man the right buyer will come along! :beer:

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
AWESOME CAR!!! GLWS, if you don't mind me asking how much did you source the GT500 parts for? And did Boozhey help ya?

bigpappy33

Just a GT
Established Member
Car is officially for sale. 2006 Mustang GT with a 2008 GT500 Drivetrain. Car has about 50K on the body while the drivetrain has ~19K miles reading on the cluster. This car is my baby and has been extensively modified on top of the drivetrain swap. The car also was featured in 5.0 Magazine last June. The swap included everything from the computer to the body harness to the smart junction box from the GT500, and it is basically a full fledged Shelby in GT clothes. It made 566 at the wheels on VMPs dynojet and has run a best of 11.17 @ 126 in the 1/4 mile. This was with the 20s up front, I have a full set of 15" rear and 17" front Racestars now that I can potentially include with the sale. Car has normal wear for an 06, hood has some minor rock chips, chin spoiler has scuffs in the center, and the wheels do have some curb rash. The RXT Clutch has 4k miles on it, and the rear differential was rebuilt with 3.73 gears and Cobra carbon clutch packs 6k miles ago. Anyone in the South Florida area interested is welcome to come take a look at it or be taken for a drive. I am in Ft. Lauderdale.

Asking 25k OBO. Racestars and tires can be included if the buyer would like, we can work out a deal. Here is a mod list and some pictures. PM me if you are interested.

irroushedit22.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

ALEX_50.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

The interior LEDs were all converted to red. Also I have an older pic of the interior, the A/C vents have since been painted black, and the dash is no longer silver, it is a GT500 dark grey patterned one. The leather dash, steering wheel, shift boot, center console cover, pedals, and ebrake were all from the Shelby. Car also has the ambient lighting package from the Shelby.

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

alexinside50.jpg

new dash
dash.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

One more of the motor
IMG_1615.jpg

Here is the 5.0 Mustang Article on it

2006 5.4-Liter Ford Mustang GT - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

MOD LIST

2006 Mustang GT
Black with Crimson Leather
2008 GT500 5.4L DOHC 32V V8
TR-6060 6-Speed Transmission
JLT Carbon Fiber Intake
VMP 2.59" "Stock Look" Pulley and Tune
L&M Ported Inlet
Borla Stingers Axle Backs
Lethal O/R X-pipe
AFCO Heat Exchanger
The Driveshaft Shop 3.5” Aluminum Driveshaft
Mcleod RXT Clutch with Lightened Steel Flywheel
Black JLT Oil Separators
JLT CF Fuse Box Cover
3.73 FRPP Gears
Aeroforce Interceptor / Cobalt Boost Gauge / Innovate LC-1 Wideband
SOS Gauge Pod
MGW Short-Throw Shifter
Eibach Lowering Springs
Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks/Struts
Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Caster/Camber Plates
BMR Adjustable Panhard Rod
BMR Billet Lower Control Arms
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars
CHE K Member Brace with Torque Limiters
GT500 14" Brembo Brakes with Baer 2-piece rotors
Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines
SLP Line Lock System
20" MRR GT-1s with Michelin PS2s 295/35/20 Rear, Dunlop Direzzas 255/35/20 Front
Kaenen 3" Cowl Hood
Roush Front Bumper with Chin Spoiler
2010 Painted Side Mirrors
Black Side Markers
GT500 Rear Spoiler
Stack Racing 9 Bar Black Billet Grille
Tinted Tail Lights
BBR Smoked Headlights
6000K HIDS Highs/Low/Fogs
1966 "GT" Side Badges
Blacked out Faux Gas Cap
GT500 Steering Wheel, E-brake, Pedals, Shift Boot, Dash, and Ambient Lighting System
Pioneer Avic-D3 Headunit
Silverhorse Racing A/C Knobs
Red Interior LEDs
Map light LEDs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread