06 CLS55 AMG vs 2015 5.0

Whippled3v

Established Member
Heading home from class and run into a stock 2015 on the way home (non PP/auto). Took the long way as I recognized the owner and expected a good opportunity for a run to arise with patience and sure enough a couple lanes opened up on an uncrowded highway. I got over and waited on him to get beside me, gave him the nod and proceeded to count it out to 3. We ran from about a 60-130 and I had a solid 2 car lengths by the end of it. AMG is stock as well, I realize it took a blower to do it but still not bad for a 10 year old 4 door imo. Can't wait to get a pulley/tune on it and see how it stacks up with bolt on 5.0's

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
they are beasts for sure. post some pics man, love the CLS. I'm about to snag a 05 S55 AMG for a daily.

Whippled3v

Established Member
they are beasts for sure. post some pics man, love the CLS. I'm about to snag a 05 S55 AMG for a daily.

My uncle owned this one since 2009 and gave me a great deal on it this summer. It's the new daily and I love it! They really are impressive cars all around

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice! I raced a CLS55 years ago in my boosted Vette, it wasn't pretty for him, but I've always loved AMG Benz's. I actually almost purchased a 2011 E63 AMG but what really held me back was the fear of maintenance. Lol, I ended up getting a 2010 CTSV, which I love.

Whippled3v

Established Member
Nice! I raced a CLS55 years ago in my boosted Vette, it wasn't pretty for him, but I've always loved AMG Benz's. I actually almost purchased a 2011 E63 AMG but what really held me back was the fear of maintenance. Lol, I ended up getting a 2010 CTSV, which I love.

Certainly can't go wrong with a V. Maintenance worries me as well but I got too good of a deal to pass up on. Plus with only 48k miles I haven't seen any issues yet (besides a stupid window regulator that cost $400). My current plan is to drive it til graduation then sell it while the mileage is still <70-80k and pick up a '13+ E63 AMG (gotta have that AWD) if depreciation has placed them in my price range that is lol. Those cars will run 10's with down pipes and a tune.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Not to self. Don't race cars like this amg benz.

Lol yeah if I saw that beside me I wouldn't know what it was. As soon as it spanked me I'd have to seriously think something must be wrong w my car until I figured out what it was that just whooped me

Users who are viewing this thread