05 up mustang intake adds 100+ hp

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
C&L and BamaChips got together and made an intake. The one pictured makes 150 HP. It adds a 100 HP Guaranteed! It can however add up to 400 hp if desired. (This is Doug @ BamaChips car)

CLNitexpintake1.jpg

CLNitexpintake2.jpg

Thump_rrr

Established Member
It looks like trackside sparkplug inspections and changes are going to be a bitch.

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
*Waiting for N/A numbers and dyno sheet*

Yea I know. I want one for my 08. Have you got CMRC delete plates on your car?

It looks like trackside sparkplug inspections and changes are going to be a bitch.

It wasn't that bad. They were changeing plugs in it before he left to go to Florida (NMRA) this weekend. They got to the plugs fairly easy.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I just want an intake thats affordable that I can put on my N/A non sprayed motor that will pick up enough power to make it worth while. Is that too much to ask?

Blindmelon

Established Member
This is a pretty easy way to get 150 hp less money or the Motion Steeda plate already tapped for direct port.
NO-10015-15.jpg

555-3125-chargemotion.jpg

THE_STIG

Established Member
Why hasn't anyone announced N/a numbers yet?

Edit: I looked around and found that it makes around 17rwhp and 20ftlb on a car with an intake and tune, costs $750. ****ing weak man.

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
C&L Intake Manifold for the 3v 4.6 Mustang
Starting at: $749.00
** This is for Pre-Orders ONLY**

Now available and ready to bolt on to your completely stock engine the new C&L Performance 3V Intake manifold with built in CMVC delete plates.

I've worked closely with C&L with the testing of this new manifold and have made clear gains of more then 17 rwhp and 20 rwtq on a stock engine with only an air intake and Bamachips tune. The gains were more clearly noticed over 4500 rpms as expected on a stock engine as the true performance gains of this intake will be noticed with the more modifications you add to your car.

This intake WILL Fit below your strut tower brace, note in the photo's how mine has at least an inch before it even comes close to my Roush brace.

In the coming weeks I will be doing further testing on a turbocharged setup with a completely built engine, ported heads, and cams. From testing on other manifolds that don't flow nearly as well as this one the gains have been well over 50 rwhp so I would think the gains would be similar if not increased over them.

As with any of my products you will receive up to three free tunes with this intake if you are naturally aspirated. If you are supercharged we can provide your tuner with the correct adjustments for this if you cant come to us for the tuning.

Since we are very close to C&L Performance in Alabama we will have the intakes nearly the same day if not the next from when they are received at their location. I may go and pick them up in person just to ensure the safest possible arrival. Shipping on these intakes will be increased over my normal $10 rate as they are much larger and will be fully insured in the event of damage by UPS.

Click on the photo for larger pictures of it installed on my car as well as the links below...

Stang925

Established Member
so basically this is not for n/a cars? you need a power adder to notice the power gains of the intake manifold? if someone could clarify for me. thanks

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
17 WHP is still good. N/A A power adder would make more hp gains with the intake. I'm going to stay N/A for a while and I want all the HP I can get N/A and I'm probably going to get one after I do longtubes and cams. Also if you go with Longtubes and cams the intake should pick up more than 17 whp because the motor needs more airflow. (Thats my opionion anyhow.) I may put a Nitrous Express kit on my car because I have it sitting at the house and it needs a home. LOL

THE_STIG

Established Member
17 WHP is still good. N/A A power adder would make more hp gains with the intake. I'm going to stay N/A for a while and I want all the HP I can get N/A and I'm probably going to get one after I do longtubes and cams. Also if you go with Longtubes and cams the intake should pick up more than 17 whp because the motor needs more airflow. (Thats my opionion anyhow.) I may put a Nitrous Express kit on my car because I have it sitting at the house and it needs a home. LOL

LTs, Cams and full bolt ons would probably yield big gains with this intake. $750 is a chunk of change though.

Users who are viewing this thread